Auto Start/Stop Delete Now an Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's strange is I've got 35s with the auto stop-start deleted and it shows the same mileage rating as that example with the 37s. Overall, anyway.

Here is the comparison from the EPA site. The first two have auto stop-start and the last two don't (see specs tab):
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=44367&id=44368&id=44373&id=44371

Last edited:

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked Shop.Ford site today. I noticed that after my build was pushed back from this week to the week of 10/18, the Auto-start/stop Delete has been removed.

Looks like I will have it after all.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked Shop.Ford site today. I noticed that after my build was pushed back from this week to the week of 10/18, the Auto-start/stop Delete has been removed.

THATS WEIRD I didnt know they can reverse the feature, unless its a delay in the updater stuff. mine still shows it thankfully.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score

They must have it out for you, did you hook up with Ford's sister or something?

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They must have it out for you, did you hook up with Ford's sister or something?
When I was in college, we used to pull our football tickets. You could pull based on your academic year. My friends would not let me pull tickets because I always got tickets much worse than my classification should have gotten.

The rumor was that their was a picture of me in the ticket office and instructions on what to do when I get to the front of the line.

I think one of those ticket office folks now work in Ford scheduling.

:(

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie question. I figure the start/stop was to be "eco friendly" or save gas, but really i don't it will matter much. I recall concerns like a decade or more ago when this feature started appearing in cars, about mechanical stress on the engine and drain on battery. I see pretty much everybody in forum here does not want it. Can someone give me more technical reasons as to con's of of this feature ? thx RW

fts

Reaction score
I don’t have a strong argument against it, except: In my Subaru, which gets 26-27 mpg in mixed driving, last 1400 miles, Auto Start/Stop helped me save 0.43 gallons of fuel during 73 mins of stops (red lights). I am glad I could save almost half of a gallon, but I am extremely depressed and annoyed I spent more than an hour waiting for green lights :mad:

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Newbie question. I figure the start/stop was to be "eco friendly" or save gas, but really i don't it will matter much. I recall concerns like a decade or more ago when this feature started appearing in cars, about mechanical stress on the engine and drain on battery. I see pretty much everybody in forum here does not want it. Can someone give me more technical reasons as to con's of of this feature ? thx RW

Edmunds has a good article:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/do-stop-start-systems-really-save-fuel.html

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in AZ summers. Ford can shove their start/stop feature up their booty