Audio upgrades, Beyond the DIY under 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree 100 percent.

For my purposes... truthfully.... a well built 10 with 600 Watts would still be more than I will ever use 97 percent of the time.

I’m not driving around blasting that kind of music. 20 years.... maybe a little more than now...

Its more about tackling the project than anything else... it’s a bit of novelty... it’s also about the fit and finish. I’ll tinker on this over the better part of a month. Everything will be painstakingly finished and along the way I’m bound to run into logistical issues to solve. At the end of it though.... it’ll exceed “factory grade” in terms of the quality of installation.... the right lugs. The right fuse holders. The right wiring. Everything will be ultra secure. Everything will be built to last. Then when it’s finished.... I can say.... this is America and I did that.

Just something to keep me busy and to keep the aging mind fresh. :)

:)

Hey, man...this is (still) America...you get what you want, and more power to you. I think you'd be surprised what a smaller/single enclosure with a quality sub/amp could do for your desired outcome, though, especially if you want to be able to remove it easily. But, again, you do you. One thing I know is you ain't afraid to change something if you don't like it!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ok, this might be one of those questions that answering might date you a bit but let’s have at it.

What Manilow songs are you blaring that you need that much Bass @Guy ? :biggrin:

seriously though - how about a couple examples of music you want more bass on.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this might be one of those questions that answering might date you a bit but let’s have at it.

What Manilow songs are you blaring that you need that much Bass @Guy ? :biggrin:

Somehow I picture Tony Soprano blaring Dean Martin/Sinatra off the back of the Stugots at his neighbor... :biggrin:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Somehow I picture Tony Soprano blaring Dean Martin/Sinatra off the back of the Stugots at his neighbor... :biggrin:

Having the same thought process, I always blare “Alabama 3 / Woke up this morning” leaving or entering the barrio. Which has a demanding bass track for a sub, btw.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine... I’ll bite.

Dean Martin.... Volare! Mambo Italiano....
Sway...

Nat king Cole...

Tony Bennett

Neil Diamond

Percy Sledge

Frank Sinatra

Etta James

The righteous brothers....

The list goes on....

Yes all of that music needs 1200 watts of 12 inch thumping bass.

Lol

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I can totally picture this.

I can picture you rolling up on some honda civic with fart can and a trunk full o’ sub woofers and you drowning them out with ... The Chairman of the Board perhaps?

you have to get video for us.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I decided on Hertz Mille line of components. They are known for their warmth of tone. This suits my style of listening. I do not want a harsh metallic tweeter with cymbal splitting treble.

I want pure silk to roll out of Jerry Vale’s mouth. Al di la....