Attn mud & high water drivers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the dealer do front/rear diffs + transfer cases for me the last time i had it in.

Had them put in amsoil vs stock stuff. Havent taken it back in the water yet, but i pretty much figure each time i do that im looking at 1-2k miles before i fluid swap it out again, better safe then sorry in my book.

OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, after reading your thread, I thought I better check my fluids. The front diff was milky. BS I called, but the dealer couldn't do anything, even with a tech bulletin on the regular f150s about milky front differential fluid.

They say it was from the chalk the factory uses to mark the gears. Sounds kinda lame to me. How much chalk are they using??

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

Hey Joe, was it just your front that was milky? I totally agree about the chalk thing, i mean come on! My dealer at least tried telling me it was the vent hose, which was also total bs. I don't get it, why not just say it like it is! They either don't know or don't give a crap.

I had the dealer do front/rear diffs + transfer cases for me the last time i had it in.

Had them put in amsoil vs stock stuff. Havent taken it back in the water yet, but i pretty much figure each time i do that im looking at 1-2k miles before i fluid swap it out again, better safe then sorry in my book.

When you had them change your fluids did you have water in your diffs? Oh and how high was the water that you both went in? Mine was just to the running boards.

Dave