Atenna Static.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnlocal3

Reaction score
So I have come across an interesting new issue with the Raptor. I recently installed some HID headlights which mind you work great. However I recently noticed my stereo has been having some poor reception when listening to the radio.

I norrowed down the problem to the poor reception on my trucks radio to the new install of the headlights. When I turn the lights on the radio has alot of static, when I turn them off it magically goes away.

Now with that said, do you guys think I may have a grounding issue or am I having interference from the HID ballasts which turn 12volts to about 5k volts. Which could cause an electromagnetic field that would hinder radio reception. The thing is In order for something like that to happen the Ballasts would have to be located right next to the attenna wires.

Anyone have any experence with this?

OP
OP
J

johnlocal3

Reaction score
I have the headlights grounded properly, straight back to the battery I don't think that would be the issue.