ARE DEAVER LEAF SPRINGS worth it ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do t think so, they were designed with ford and were going to be standard equipment but they omitted them as a cost savings measure so the story goes. Also they (SD) the same spring rate as stock For the most part, but as always depends on your dealer and what broke.

if they voided a dudes warranty on his front diff for eibachs then you better be damn skippy they could void rear diff/axles/yolk pinion/driveshaft/bearings hell even tranny if they wanna be hardos

BUT - I am of the mindset if you’re not altering anything to the truck to install the part, if it functions as stock but only beefier/heavier duty (like a timken bearing or willwood brakes) & if it’s designed to work for the truck then it shouldn’t be an issue.

I look at it like a big ass FMIC vs a stock mount location IC that doesn’t require trimming/removal of shutters or blocking the cooling efficiency of the stock rad etc.

You start swapping out the springs + shocks & A-arms in conjunction....well at some point it’s on you & Ford has every right to be tough on warranty claims

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"They" is the lovely State of California and I am referring to the annual state inspection of all vehicles. I have a buddy with a very nicely tuned WRX STI who has the misfortune of living in CA and his car has LOTS of mods, including tune, catted down-pipes, relocated O2 sensors, etc. In the past, he was able to remove his tune and his car would pass the inspection, including the smog test.

As of this year, he has to remove his catted down pipe and replace it with the factory one because even though the car will pass all of their tests, if the technician can "see" the modification, it is an automatic "FAIL".

What a pain it is to live there.... :mad:
Except you’re wrong. There are no yearly inspections here. The first smog check is 6 years after the car is sold from new. I know this forum loves to bash ca but ca is super easy with smog inspections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Except you’re wrong. There are no yearly inspections here. The first smog check is 6 years after the car is sold from new. I know this forum loves to bash ca but ca is super easy with smog inspections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was just at his house in San Jose a couple of weeks ago and he was complaining about removing his down pipe. His car is about 6 years old, so the timing sounds about right. Interesting that he commented his car passed the smog test previously. I will have to ask him about it the next time I see him.

In Texas, we have annual inspections, after the car is two years old.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just at his house in San Jose a couple of weeks ago and he was complaining about removing his down pipe. His car is about 6 years old, so the timing sounds about right. Interesting that he commented his car passed the smog test previously. I will have to ask him about it the next time I see him.

In Texas, we have annual inspections, after the car is two years old.
Exactly, as most states do. CA does NOT have annual inspections of any kind. Only smog - 6 years after new (or if the car is sold, a smog check is required) then smog every 2 years. Again, no inspections for tires, brakes or any of those other ******** inspections that most states do.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look up
svcoffroad.com

Call them and get it done. No waiting a month for a reply

zx14teryx

Reaction score
You can have a custom spec spring setup made by Deaver for the added height you desire or weight that you carry. So if you’re looking for a custom setup, we can definitely coordinate that with you.

The Deavers make the truck feel more planted on road and eliminate wheel hop because they remove the factory 2” rear block which removes another piece from the puzzle.

As far as on road with bumps and expansion joints in the freeway, the rear suspension setup just makes the truck overall more compliant.

Towing performance is sacrificed with adding Deavers. The truck will sag more unless you properly spec the rear for the weight you’re carrying. However, when the truck is unloaded, the springs will be tighter and the ride will be sacrificed.

Let’s talk more about your towing/hauling needs and we can create a setup that will work well for you. Let me know if we can help.
I know this is a old thread, but I have a 2020 I need to help sag when I tow the boat, but I want stockish street ride. You say the Deaver SD actually have less weight carrying ability than stock? I have eibachs up front and was going to do +3 sd in rear, so it would be back to stock rack, and was hoping for less sag. I assume the HD unloaded will ruin the plush ride.