ARE DEAVER LEAF SPRINGS worth it ?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Jae, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] aka <b><font color='darkorange'>etalian2005</font> Supporting Vendor

If you're going to be running 37s, the extra 1" of height over stock will definitely help.

2. warrior

warrior Your Wife's Personal Trainer

since you delete the the blocks, do you have to run the bump stop? No whoop running for me.

3. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

If you do not get a full bump stop kit, at the very least replace what was there from stock. SDHQ sells a bump stop mount plate that accomplishes this

4. Lwlandy

Lwlandy Member

I fitted Deaver +2" this weekend to my 2018. The truck is a lot more sure footed on the black stuff now. (Yet to get it off road). There are some bad roads round where I live and I was getting the rear end step out on me a lot on bumpy tight bends. Its only been a couple of days, but it is night and day. I have driven over the same bad roads and not felt a thing. It also now feels a lot tighter on the road powering round a flat bend. Pleased I decided to fit them.

5. Jeff-Ohio

Jeff-Ohio Full Access Member

How does the firmness of the ride compare to stock? Is it softer, firmer, about the same?

6. fuhrius

fuhrius Member

what are you guys seeing in terms of labor costs to install these?

7. Jepper

Jepper Full Access Member

subbed great discussion

8. HAP

HAP Full Access Member

One of the most satisfying MOD's you can do, besides super charger...

R,
    HAP

9. Lwlandy

Lwlandy Member

I think they are as per the nature of progressive springs, softer initially (so they absorb the small bumps easily) but then get firmer the further they get compressed. Makes for a nice compliant ride on tarmac but more capable offroad when under more extreme compression.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I fitted them myself, took me all day Saturday (I also fitted SVC Bump stops). I was on my own and the springs are heavy. It would be better with 2 people as trying to get the springs in place without damaging anything like Brake lines road speed sensor etc. is not easy on your own.

I would say that a decent shop with the right equipment should be able to do it in 3-4 hours.

10. Skyline

Skyline FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

no issues with leaf spring bolts right? Old gens you had to cut one of the leaf bolts out because of the way it was oriented. I havent looked at these.