ARE DEAVER LEAF SPRINGS worth it ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better? Can you describe how it’s better? I love the stock ride on the street, will it help it in terms of comfort? Or keep the comfort the same?
I don’t doubt that it’s better Offroad, but I don’t want to sacrifice any on road performance and comfort.

Also I’m guessing towing performance improves and there is less sag when towing?

And I see guys reporting wheel hop. I do notice that but could never put it into words until now. Glad I opened this thread and know what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is way better. Truck feels planted on and off road. Go Deavers ! Made me love the truck even more

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi. Are you able to add an extra leaf(s) to the existing factory ones? I ask because I Just had Geiser Springs added to the front and now the rear sags by 1”. Goal is to add 37s. The front would still require cutting back the fender to the metal. Also, is there another alternative? Would Collars work on Geisers for more lift along with additional springs in rear?

You can have a custom spec spring setup made by Deaver for the added height you desire or weight that you carry. So if you’re looking for a custom setup, we can definitely coordinate that with you.

Better? Can you describe how it’s better? I love the stock ride on the street, will it help it in terms of comfort? Or keep the comfort the same?
I don’t doubt that it’s better Offroad, but I don’t want to sacrifice any on road performance and comfort.

Also I’m guessing towing performance improves and there is less sag when towing?

And I see guys reporting wheel hop. I do notice that but could never put it into words until now. Glad I opened this thread and know what it is

The Deavers make the truck feel more planted on road and eliminate wheel hop because they remove the factory 2” rear block which removes another piece from the puzzle.

As far as on road with bumps and expansion joints in the freeway, the rear suspension setup just makes the truck overall more compliant.

Towing performance is sacrificed with adding Deavers. The truck will sag more unless you properly spec the rear for the weight you’re carrying. However, when the truck is unloaded, the springs will be tighter and the ride will be sacrificed.

Let’s talk more about your towing/hauling needs and we can create a setup that will work well for you. Let me know if we can help.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
These are the same ones that Ford used to run Baja so they are as close to factory tuning you can get. Ford was going to run them stock but seems like they decided to save some money and add blocks. One of the best upgrades to buy for the truck if you are going to use it in the dirt.

Last edited:

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically what Nick, waveslayer, Booth said. It's pretty noticeable, glad I did the mod.

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are the same ones that Ford used to run Baja so they are as close to factory tuning you can get. Ford was going to run them stock but seems like they decided to save some money and add blocks. One of the best upgrades to buy for the truck if you are going to use it in the dirt.

Given all the upgrades to the Raptor elsewhere, I don't think they would cheap out to save a few bucks on the leafsprings. My guess is Ford didn't want to compromise payload and towing any more than they already did. As posted by a vendor above, standard Deavers sag more when towing and HD Deavers result in a harsher ride when unloaded.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No question about it they are worth it!

Don’t listen to the ******** if you tow or carry a load the HD deavers still ride ten times better than stock.

I had +2HD deavers and still do for
Sale.! Went to Icon for the ability to switch up as my truck is always changing and I tow and always carry minimum 300 lbs.

One of the best things you can do to your Raptor is get rid of the flimsy stock leafs, there junk.

Scott Lambert

Reaction score
brettmess24 - regarding the Icon Setup. I’m going to be towing a 8’X20 trailer occasionally. Once, unhooked will the ride be compromised and potentially sag eventually?

Scott Lambert

Reaction score
No question about it they are worth it!

Don’t listen to the ******** if you tow or carry a load the HD deavers still ride ten times better than stock.

I had +2HD deavers and still do for
Sale.! Went to Icon for the ability to switch up as my truck is always changing and I tow and always carry minimum 300 lbs.

One of the best things you can do to your Raptor is get rid of the flimsy stock leafs, there junk.

brettmess24 - regarding the Icon Setup. I’m going to be towing a 8’X20 trailer occasionally. Once, unhooked will the ride be compromised and potentially sag eventually?

Scott Lambert

Reaction score
You can have a custom spec spring setup made by Deaver for the added height you desire or weight that you carry. So if you’re looking for a custom setup, we can definitely coordinate that with you.

nick@appolo-optics - regarding the I’m going to be towing a 8’X20 trailer occasionally. Once, unhooked will the ride be compromised and potentially sag eventually?

The Deavers make the truck feel more planted on road and eliminate wheel hop because they remove the factory 2” rear block which removes another piece from the puzzle.

As far as on road with bumps and expansion joints in the freeway, the rear suspension setup just makes the truck overall more compliant.

Towing performance is sacrificed with adding Deavers. The truck will sag more unless you properly spec the rear for the weight you’re carrying. However, when the truck is unloaded, the springs will be tighter and the ride will be sacrificed.

Let’s talk more about your towing/hauling needs and we can create a setup that will work well for you. Let me know if we can help.