Anyone use an adjustable hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since some of us have multiple vehicles that we use to tow and each one requiring a different height hitch,has anyone used an adjustable hitch?

I have 4 different hitches from former and current vehicles and I’m sure I’m not alone in this.

The tricked out hitch and expensive One I have looked at is made by Rhino Hitch. I know there are many others available but I’m wondering if anyone has used their hitch?

https://rhinohitch.com/collections/2-receiver

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why don't you use what you've already got? The towing capacity of the Raptor really doesn't call for these fancy >$400 hitches.

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you use what you've already got? The towing capacity of the Raptor really doesn't call for these fancy >$400 hitches.
I’m going to use what currently have but having the need to use a specific hitch for 3 different vehicles requiring different drop heights. I would not spend $289 0n a drop hitch. But I wouldn’t buy junk either and I was wondering what others were using

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are the largest dealer of Weigh Safe. All aluminum with an optional scale in the hitch. Having the scale is VERY nice. Won an award at SEMA a few years ago. We sell hundreds of these a month.

We have towed our deck over with the race truck and gear on it for years with one. No issues. Towing through the desert, off road, etc. they are tough!

If anyone on here is interested shoot me a PM, I’ll hook you up with the dezert discount.

—john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John, Thanks for offering us a deal. One forum member has one of your drop hitch’s on his Raptor and his concern was that his receiver was at an angle. I have experienced issues with a drop hitch and emergency braking that caused my receiver on my Rubicon to twist down. It seems like some members receivers are straight and others tilted down.Some have them replaced by the dealer and I have seen aftermarket hitches that mount under the factory receiver.

I’m asking your opinion on using a factory receiver with a drop hitch, I know your hitch is well made but with the increased leverage of a drop how do you feel about the receiver being twisted back and forth from acceleration and braking?

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already owned a Husky weight distribution hitch when I bought my Raptor. Great setup with load alleviation bars, it was a must have on my Tacoma.
I noticed in my Raptor OM the towing capacity goes up 3000# (5000 to 8000#) with a WD hitch. Must be the Fox suspension they're concerned about.

Regardless, towing my 5000# camper has been no worries, much easier than with my Taco.
Highly recommend the Husky Hitch.
V/R
:)
Smokey

https://www.huskytow.com/weight-distribution-hitches

Last edited:

Michael Coburn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would get a B&W hitch, made in the USA and employee owned, very cool company.

I have the 7" drop, with the triple ball, that fits everything for me. $267 on Amazon

I agree with B&W. Great hitch with lots of options. I have the 5 inch with 3 ball sizes. Works great.