Anyone switch from 3/4 ton (super duty, HD...)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Yeh that's great but not feasible with our parking situation. I have my car and my wife's car in the garage (older home with 2 car garage) and then I keep the raptor outside. I would probably sleeping outside with the trucks if I brought up buying another truck for the driveway lol. So I need a truck that will do daily driving and pull a 6k lb trailer the best. So just weighing out my options. thanks

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from a 2019 Raptor to a 2022 F250 Tremor and then back to a 2023 Raptor.

The HD is a truck. the Raptor is a ****** truck but a lot more fun. I like the raptor more as it's fast and fun and s like a sports car to a degree. Everything I did with the tremor had to be thought out and deliberate and slower.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has switched from a 3/4 truck to a raptor. I have a raptor now and will be looking to trade it in soon. I pull my boat 5-6k lbs about once or twice a month 100 miles or so. I would love something that pulls it and you don't even know it's back there. But I also daily my truck and so I would like something that doesn't feel so big and awkward around town. I was leaning toward the 37 raptor or a TRX, but have just read so many mixed reviews on towing. Some say they are great and some say they hate towing with them lol. I have a gen 2 and so I hear towing is better with the gen 3 but I got a feeling I might still wish I had something bigger. I am leaning toward the 2024 AT4X...I like the creature comforts (nice interior, heads up display, massage seats...) but also the power and "off-road" capability. Just not sure about how the ride quality will differ from my gen 2 raptor. Also wouldn't know whether to go with gas or diesel v8. I haven't ruled out the SD either... And I know I need to go test drive some but it's just not possible right now. There's no trucks in my area that are available to test drive and I also have no time. So just trying to do the majority of my research online and then will narrow it down. So, I guess what I'm asking is: for those who have switched from 3/4 to 1/2, was it a huge difference and are you happy with your decision? thanks!
Apples to oranges but you'll miss the bottomless power of the 6.7L and you'll marvel in the comfort and capability of the Raptor.

Glad I did it, but I don't need to tow anything over 4k anymore.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
I went from a 2019 Raptor to a 2022 F250 Tremor and then back to a 2023 Raptor.

The HD is a truck. the Raptor is a ****** truck but a lot more fun. I like the raptor more as it's fast and fun and s like a sports car to a degree. Everything I did with the tremor had to be thought out and deliberate and slower.
Cool thanks! Did you try to do any aftermarket stuff with the tremor? (eg suspension changes...)