Anyone recognize this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NLarson801

Reaction score
I am currently shopping for a truck and this one caught my eye. It has obviously been tuned/modified, but I don’t know if that should necessarily deter me from picking it up. I checked it out in person and the suspension appeared to be stock, so it may have been returned to stock before being traded in. The red skid plate is what I’m hoping someone recognizes.

I did check it out in person and with a little work polishing the paint it could be pretty nice.

OP
OP
N

NLarson801

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen that one on here, but regardless, the front suspension isn't stock, it's sitting too level for that, in my opinion. Damn dealers never post the important pictures either!
I should have taken a bunch of photos while I was there. This dealer is about 1.5 hours away from me.

There is another lead foot ‘18 closer to me with 7K less miles, but is also $7k more.

I guess I’m not totally opposed to a truck with mods, I’d likely level out whatever I buy anyway. At the same time I don’t want one that has been beat to shit.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should have taken a bunch of photos while I was there. This dealer is about 1.5 hours away from me.

There is another lead foot ‘18 closer to me with 7K less miles, but is also $7k more.

I guess I’m not totally opposed to a truck with mods, I’d likely level out whatever I buy anyway. At the same time I don’t want one that has been beat to shit.
Best thing is to crawl under it and look for any damage or leaks, most owners add shock collars or geizer springs up front to level the truck, no biggie if done right. See if one of those Stealerships will move on the price for you.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 65,000 miles, that suspension is probably needing a rebuild. Just something to think about. I live in Utah County and do quite a bit of off-roading. At 40,000 miles things were worn out, at 45,000 miles, the truck rode like a 3500 with the torsion bars cranked to the max.

OP
OP
N

NLarson801

Reaction score
At 65,000 miles, that suspension is probably needing a rebuild. Just something to think about. I live in Utah County and do quite a bit of off-roading. At 40,000 miles things were worn out, at 45,000 miles, the truck rode like a 3500 with the torsion bars cranked to the max.
That truck is in your neck of the woods. I’d prefer a truck with less miles, but don’t want to pay the premium they are pulling around here.

With that being said, what do you all think will happen with values when the 3rd Gens come out? I plan on putting down 10% or so, but would hate to be upside down in a year or so.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So my 77,000 mile Raptor needs suspension work? I mean, mine feels fine. Not sure how a broken suspension would feel.

Stilldoggy

Reaction score
Suspension setup looks hinky. Front skid plate cracked on drivers side? Paint peeling on rims. What is the hole left and low of steering wheel in pic 19? CD player? Wow, must have gone away with 19's, small puddle in pic 6?

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure that doof Ben Hardy from YouTube used to own that truck. I wouldn’t own anything that dude has owned. So I would double check to see if that’s actually the case.