I’ll be honest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeadFT88

Reaction score
Had my 21 Raptor since May of this year. I am not sure how I failed to spot this during the couple times the hood has been up but it appears I have a Roush CAI installed. It was a 1 owner truck, bout used as a CPO from Ford with only 10K miles.

1. Is it worth keeping installed? I’ve always read mixed reviews in the effectiveness of CAI and that sometimes stock is better.

2. Could this be a certified part/accessory from Ford that the original owner had installed by the dealer? IMG_3170.jpeg

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Odds are previous owner did this. You obviously don't have the original parts or you would have known it. Leave it...it isn't causing you to run lean so no worries. Looks Cool....so there is that. Might take better advantage of it if the truck was tuned.

OP
OP
LeadFT88

LeadFT88

Reaction score
Odds are previous owner did this. You obviously don't have the original parts or you would have known it. Leave it...it isn't causing you to run lean so no worries. Looks Cool....so there is that. Might take better advantage of it if the truck was tuned.
Thanks. Looking to get a Goosetune down the road. With that would a better Intercooler be needed or could I go with just the tune initially?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you care about warranty thats usually an easy way out for the stealerships.
But if youre gonna tune it anyway then eh, no point.

Id say intercooler upgrade is felt even without a tune, but i live in FL where its hot as hell all the time

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with Roush CAI.

Just leave it. If you upgrade the snails later it's one less thing you have to buy.

Call @GooseTuned and talk with Winfield about your goals. He will steer you down the right path both for now, and later. You can order all needed parts through him as well. One stop shopping.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with Roush CAI.

Just leave it. If you upgrade the snails later it's one less thing you have to buy.

Call @GooseTuned and talk with Winfield about your goals. He will steer you down the right path both for now, and later. You can order all needed parts through him as well. One stop shopping.
Thanks!

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not suggesting it is... But isnt that intake one of the worse? I could have sworn I saw a video about that intake not being very air tight where the intake tubes connect to the box. Whatever video I watched pretty much said for the money, it was a poor design.