I’ll be honest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LeadFT88

LeadFT88

Reaction score
Im not suggesting it is... But isnt that intake one of the worse? I could have sworn I saw a video about that intake not being very air tight where the intake tubes connect to the box. Whatever video I watched pretty much said for the money, it was a poor design.
You know, couldn't tell you. From quick inspection everything seems to be solid to me. But this is my first Raptor and intake. She hauls ass though.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not suggesting it is... But isnt that intake one of the worse? I could have sworn I saw a video about that intake not being very air tight where the intake tubes connect to the box. Whatever video I watched pretty much said for the money, it was a poor design.

None of them add much in the way of performance on an otherwise stock vehicle. This (AFE clone or rebranded as Roush) shouldn't be "worse" because it's a sealed box. The filter (some say) takes a little more TLC because of the type of media used (oiled gauze).

The ones you don't want are the ricer open air cone filter ones (like Injen or the cheaper K&Ns). Those just suck hot air.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very pleased with my stage 2 cobb kit with GooseTune. The only thing I can say negative about Winfield is that he didn't sell me on the injectors and bigger turbos...

probably because my wife threatened him...but come on, he is a grown a## man and he gave up that easy! :cool: