Anyone Recognize this FL Gen 1 (2014)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not sweat the front bumper, they are a dime a dozen on here of FaceBook marketplace from guys that move to aftermarket bumpers. Just have the dealer clip $1500 off the price and take it the way the bumper is. They are super thin and easily bent btw. Just look in behind it to make sure there isnt any more structural damage than just the outer steel.

On that first black truck you were looking at, glad you walked. Thats a classic example of what top perch does to create the wrong CV angles. Over time it will just eat the CV and the boot. Easy fix, but sounded like the dealer was being shady. They all have the "its a Raptor, I know what I got" syndrom.

With any used truck, get as much history as you can, make sure everything works and then go pound on it.. Generally these trucks are pretty robust and reliable.

OP
OP
B

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
After a long day...I can finally say I’m a Gen 1 Raptor owner!

The good: 2014 SCrew with 83,000 miles. The truck is overall in really good condition. No visible rust anywhere (not even surface rust). I crawled underneath it from front to back and gave a good look and knock at the cab corners. All of the door drains were clear of debris and no rocks/dirt in the bumpers. All stock which is what I wanted. Fuse 27 relocated. No visible signs of leaks. Driver seat is slightly worn but rest of interior looks great. The bumper guy was there when I pulled up and took care of it, although he couldn’t bend it all the way back in place. He got it far enough for my liking.

The not so good: Front tires are pretty shot. I got a credit for those. One of the front shocks looks to be leaking. I had planned on picking up an extra set on here and having them rebuilt so I’m not out of a truck during the process. After the new ones go on, I’ll send these out for rebuild so I always have a fresh set. The hvac blower motor got stuck on high during the drive home, but I’ve already googled it and looks to be an easy fix.

Overall super happy to finally have found one. The drive home was really smooth (minus the ac controls) and I can’t wait to really dig into the truck. I’ll post up some pictures over the weekend. Thanks for everyon’s help and advice!

Nick Garrity

Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the family!! Sounds like your due diligence paid off. Well done and enjoy!!

OP
OP
B

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the family!! Sounds like your due diligence paid off. Well done and enjoy!!
Thank you! Absolutely loving the truck after a week of ownership. Changed the oil in it last Wednesday...the dealer I bought it from had a Mopar oil filter on it LOL.

There are few things in life you can count on, but you can always count on advice and help from FRF members! Oh yeah you can also count on getting a sh*t ton of crap if you post something you've done without pictures! :)
Haha I know I still need to post pics. Weather here has been pretty awful this week so hopefully I can get some early next week.

OP
OP
B

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
Here’s some phone pics after 6 hours of detailing today. The passenger side had some awful hard water stains from the previous owner. I took a gamble on a cleaner that popped up on my Facebook page that claimed to get rid of hard water stains. I had zero faith that it would actually work, but to my surprise it did an amazing job! Granted, I had to do bout 6 passes on each panel, but for $35 shipped it was well worth it.

2F3F0C33-840C-420D-B864-A69CA0956B99.jpeg

887D175E-A3BB-44C2-90BD-85ADFD690258.jpeg

before:
33E3D697-BC3F-455E-8171-F241B4EC9E5E.jpeg

after (not the best pic but I promise all the spots are gone):
B387460B-9D56-43A1-A783-3D07A8DF8996.jpeg

the stuff:
5F24F99D-950D-4C64-9EF2-7A72B82F79D0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
Question for the group...

I'm trying to figure out what has been done to the front of the truck to make it level. It's on stock shocks that appear to be on the lowest setting. I don't see any leveling blocks in the front suspension, and I think the springs are stock. So what else could the previous owner have done to get the front level?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question for the group...

I'm trying to figure out what has been done to the front of the truck to make it level. It's on stock shocks that appear to be on the lowest setting. I don't see any leveling blocks in the front suspension, and I think the springs are stock. So what else could the previous owner have done to get the front level?
He probably lowered the back, check the shackles.