Anyone Recognize this FL Gen 1 (2014)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
Don't let that little bend stop you. You can strap it a tree and straighten it yourself by backing the truck up. Easy Peasy. Or pick up a used bumper for a couple hundred bucks.
Ok thanks for that. I hope they honor their word but we all know how dealers can be.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There's more to it than "just strapping it to a tree and backing up".

You can tell that by the photo? Maybe the bumper bolts can be loosened to adjust it. Either way, that little gotcha is negligible to me.

I've done it twice before, couldn't tell afterward.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can tell that by the photo? Maybe the bumper bolts can be loosened to adjust it. Either way, that little gotcha is negligible to me.

I've done it twice before, couldn't tell afterward.
You're experienced. He is not. Adjust it to the right, then the left side will look wrong. It needs to be pulled out to its original position. To straighten it, the bumper bolts should be left tight.

OP
OP
B

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
I have plenty of experience working on cars, but admittedly no experience with body work. Just want to be sure Im not overlooking something on what seems to be a relatively easy repair (if not for me then for someone else).

Ill be crawling under the truck with my flashlight to check behind the bumper and everything else under the truck.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well good luck. As long as the bumper isn't creased somewhere, I'm sure it'll be workable. I have faith in you! :)

85eurocarrera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree about finding a used bumper or an aftermarket option. It doesn’t look too bad from here.

Those factory bead locks are sweet!

Make sure you check for rust in rockers and cab corners. No mater if it’s southern vehicle.

Run the air conditioning/ heat. Make sure no clicking of blend door actuator.

Try 4 wheel drive, including 4 low. My truck was from GA. Most likely not off road much. My differential motor was glitchy and 4wd engagement was hit or miss. Easy diy repair.

AE50B39A-5F7C-4159-9A31-433E4B5BC9BC.jpeg

Pic of tape coverd rocker holes.

Good luck. The more trucks you look at the better you’ll be….

OP
OP
B

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
I agree about finding a used bumper or an aftermarket option. It doesn’t look too bad from here.

Those factory bead locks are sweet!

Make sure you check for rust in rockers and cab corners. No mater if it’s southern vehicle.

Run the air conditioning/ heat. Make sure no clicking of blend door actuator.

Try 4 wheel drive, including 4 low. My truck was from GA. Most likely not off road much. My differential motor was glitchy and 4wd engagement was hit or miss. Easy diy repair.

Pic of tape coverd rocker holes.

Good luck. The more trucks you look at the better you’ll be….
WoW, that's clean! Thanks for the tips. The last one I looked at had 4wd issues too.

I've actually owned a 12th gen FX2 for the last 11 years so I'm pretty familiar with these trucks, although it's great to hear about the specifics to the Raptor.

Heading out shortly and hopefully returning with a new ride!