Anyone put a motorcycle in this thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loaded a small R3 on the back once. Tailgate down, tied down front and rear and it worked well. The Raptor makes a great make-shift motorcycle hauler when my big toy hauler is tucked away or for quick trips.

X_R8BLvHdpG4RQLpEyTL9FGF-aAaJ_aIg1BTjYW28Q54=w2400.jpg

PbOfdHic4UEKWSeO7l-fcbHdn4SuglZkpPFU-fYH1XTM=w2400.jpg

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trailer eh? Well damn. After what a new bike costs I was hoping since I bought a new full size I'd be able to save a few bucks on the trailer and plates. But whatever.. I guess if bed loading is that dangerous I may as well suck it up.

Rent a trailer. Then take the time to do your research on the trailer that fits your needs.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

So are tailgate steps!

Agreed! BUT, the older I get the smarter not harder I want to work.
Now, I have no-one to impress, she knows my weaknesses, I don't care how lame I look. I just hang out with guys older than me, and they think this stuff is cool.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often are you needing to carry/trailer it? If it's a one time transport, just get a few people, good ramps, park so your tailgate is low and don't record the loading. If it's gonna be often, just buy a good used trailer on craigslist or something.

I pretty much agree with the comment above ....... if you are going to trailer it often, then definitely buy a cheap trailer. If it is a very infrequent deal, then I would opt for renting a trailer over risking damage to the truck or bike by loading it into the bed.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The OP asks a very specific question and a bunch of cowboys jump on him offering unsolicited advice.

"Buy a trailer!"
"Lose weight!"
"Eat broccoli!"
"Buy apple stock!"

Geezuz FRF is full of junk these days.

These days? Man, Jennifer crowd ruined this place before gen2 crew arrived. :biggrin: have you seen their ‘one and only gas mileage thread’? :p

he’s got about 5.4’ of room, 6 feet maybe diagonally. What’s the OAL of an Indian Scout?

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/scout/specs/

looks like 91” x 61.5” wheelbase. so it should fit with the tailgate down and bonus - GVW is sub 600 # so doable, albeit the difficulty level is way more than dirt bike or sport bike. for some reason, I was confusing the scout with the chief. BTW, I’ve ridden with some Indian riders and they’ve all sung the praises of the bike.

I still say get a trailer. I know it can be done. I know because I’ve seen it done; my neighbor had a bmw gs, so I’ve witnessed this first hand half a dozen times ( all break downs beemerphiles :p ) pretty sad when you have to upgrade to a HD to gain reliability. heck, I helped the guy who bought my first bike - a v45 Magna, only slightly less svelte than the scout, lift and shove the bike into the buyer’s pickup. It took us maybe 45 seconds. it took longer to secure it, but it was a $500 bike, not a $20,000 bike.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
The OP asks a very specific question and a bunch of cowboys jump on him offering unsolicited advice.

"Buy a trailer!"
"Lose weight!"
"Eat broccoli!"
"Buy apple stock!"

Coming from someone that joined in 2017. Hahaha.......newb! It's been a shitshow since 2015!

MisterScott

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not try and put a bike in the bed. Get a small, cheap flat bed at the minimum. I have over 20 street and dirt bikes and never does it occur to me to try and put them in the bed. An Indian cruiser is a heavy bike. Length in the bed will be an issue. High centering when the front wheel crosses onto the tailgate. Keeping it balanced. Getting it on may be the easy part, getting it off will end in tears. I went down this road with a sport bike back in the 90's once. Once. Honestly, do not try.

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

"Buy a trailer!"
"Lose weight!"
"Eat broccoli!"
"Buy apple stock!"

Everything here but the Apple recommendation. But they do surprise me every quarter and I do love my MacBook Pro etc...

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a good fold up trailer off craigslist for <$1000. Saves a lot of hassle.

thepro8

Reaction score
Raced motorcycles for years. Just get the harbor freight fold up trailer for $500. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk