GEN 2 Anyone had to replace their windsheild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIScrEanT

Reaction score
I have had mine replaced twice in 4 months. Arizona freeways suck for rocks. I have free glass and the company I use puts original soundscreen glass in. My buddy used safelite and did not get soundscreen glass. If you have lane assist they will have to drive your truck and recalibrate the cameras. If you want it tinted try to get them to do it before it is installed.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ran mine through my insurance but priced it out first for out of pocket. It was $500 for Ford OEM and $300 to calibrate the camera/ collision avoidance. I wanted to get the gorilla glass but wasn’t sure if they had it for my options.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been putting off replacing mine for a while.

When I do replace it, I plan to use one of these...

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/product/ford-f-series-windshield-htf-dw02578/

I went to safelite to have my F250 glass replaced. No issues whatsoever. I had only had my truck for 2 months ( new 2019) when it needed a replacement. They used OEM and I haven't had any issues.

This looks great. Actually.

I had my ford glass replaced six months after purchase of truck with oem. I think oem glass is not too good. Chipped way too easily. So this may be the way to go if it happens again.

Cheers

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go with Safelite or some other installer they usually tell you to let the vehicle sit for an hour or so to set up. I’ve had some advice given to me last time by a installer and he said it’s best to let it sit and cure for more like 4 hours or more so if I have to do another one I’m going to let it sit overnight at there place or in my garage and cure. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been putting off replacing mine for a while.

When I do replace it, I plan to use one of these...

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/product/ford-f-series-windshield-htf-dw02578/

I went to safelite to have my F250 glass replaced. No issues whatsoever. I had only had my truck for 2 months ( new 2019) when it needed a replacement. They used OEM and I haven't had any issues.

I too really like this option.
A few more bucks outta pocket, but I would love to try it.

YMMV with the Safelite route.
I previously went to one in Central NJ and did not get the warm & fuzzy and drove away.
If anyone has any good experiences in my area with any glass installer, please let me know.
Thanks.

OP
OP
DarthKickA55

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks All -
I heard back from my insurance and it is NOT covered (well it is but my deductible is $1000 so...)
they recommended a local place that does OEM windshields. I am going to ask them about the glass that @zombiekiller recommended and if it is only a slight upcharge I will give it a try.
I appreciate all the information and will update this thread after I hear back from the local glass company.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Used one of these on my 2016 Lariat after 5 windshield replacements in 2 years. Great product and was the last windshield I used on the truck. Gorilla glass for your truck.

great idea.

I just ran mine through my insurance but priced it out first for out of pocket. It was $500 for Ford OEM and $300 to calibrate the camera/ collision avoidance. I wanted to get the gorilla glass but wasn’t sure if they had it for my options.

That was my experience last summer as well, on the (L)east coast. I didn’t need recalibration though. Honestly, for the cost, I regret not springing for gorilla glass. it wasn’t that much more expensive. If it happens again, gorilla glass.

Clinsta

Reaction score
I have gone through 3 windshields and need another one all in under 1 year. Knowing how my luck is, I purchased a windshield replacement policy with my truck last year. The finance guy said it was good for 3 windshield replacements, which would have been true if each windshield replacement was only $600. The SoundScreen Ford logo replacement installed cost a little over $900. So I blew through that policy 6 months into owning my truck. Before I spend $900 on another SoundScreen, does anyone have any opinions on this aforementioned Gorilla Glass? Any reports on longevity and rock chip experience?