Anyone got a 2019 owner review ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that my review means much as I have not owned a truck since 97, and I have not owned a Ford since 76 (yep, I am pretty old). However I have owned a lot of Cadillacs, Jeeps (both Grand Cherokee and Wranglers), SUVs GMC Denali, and a few Corvettes. This truck is extremely solid, quieter than a Cadillac (unless you step on it) and handles way better than any Jeep. The technology is great (yep, I am kind of a geek). I have enabled the hot spot and that seems to work well. I am very experienced in going off road, and while my Hemi Jeep Wrangler will be my main choice in Moab along with my modified RZR, this truck will see a lot of action on forest roads, but probably not for a few weeks as I need to get some things done to it. The trail control sounds neat, but I really do not think I will use it as I think it is kind of a gimmick. I am not really happy with the approach and departure angles, and I ordered a Scab because of the shorter wheelbase, and less of a chance for high centering.

My last couple of vehicles have had Master Craft seats, but I do find the seats in the Raptor are comfortable, although a little wide for me. I do like the way the Nav system displays the current speed limit (most of the time) as I am quite often in different cities and not familiar with the local speed limit.

I just put on paint sealant and wax, and the paint job (Ruby Red) is very good, on par with luxury vehicles.

Overall, considering how versatile this vehicle is, how quick it is, and how comfortable it is, even paying MSRP is a good deal, in my opinion. Today I heard a commercial for a GMC Denali Truck and they were giving $ 12,000 (or more) off MSRP, and I thought it must be pretty bad if that is what they have to do to sell them. Ford has hit a home run with the Raptor, and they should be given a lot of credit for it.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They won't tell you about the crappy shocks. It is stiff as hell now!
I guess it will be great for off-road jump landing, but not so comfy for on Road ride
Listen to Mamula. He knows a lot about Raptors. He owned 2 Gen1's, a 2017 and 2018. He definitely knows what he's talking about.... said no one ever.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boomtruck, thanks for your review. I'm 6' and 220 lbs, your thoughts on the 2019 seats for my size? I'm working on a 2019 802a but can find the same truck in a 2018 if needed.. Thanks

PerfBlue19

Reaction score
Just picked mine up yesterday, officially have 70 miles as of this post actually. I have owned two gen 1s, a 2011/13. I held off on the gen 2 bc I was butthurt over the v6TT.

All I can say is I’m smiling ear to ear and don’t miss the hellcat I traded in one minute. I forgot what it’s like living the raptor life. This thing is a lazyboy on wheels. Silky smooth over ****** roads and the suspension feels alive reacting in the best possible way in all situations.

She goes in this week for the bed rug, tint, backflip and nano coating. Just I love with this truck right now.
I will post pics tomorrow. Can’t say much for the original gen 2 shocks but after splitting time between my f250 and Hellcat this thing is rolling on clouds.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just picked mine up yesterday, officially have 70 miles as of this post actually. I have owned two gen 1s, a 2011/13. I held off on the gen 2 bc I was butthurt over the v6TT.

All I can say is I’m smiling ear to ear and don’t miss the hellcat I traded in one minute. I forgot what it’s like living the raptor life. This thing is a lazyboy on wheels. Silky smooth over ****** roads and the suspension feels alive reacting in the best possible way in all situations.

She goes in this week for the bed rug, tint, backflip and nano coating. Just I love with this truck right now.
I will post pics tomorrow. Can’t say much for the original gen 2 shocks but after splitting time between my f250 and Hellcat this thing is rolling on clouds.

yours have the Recaros? How do you fit? Am I going to fit ok at 6' 220? thank you