Anyone got a 2019 owner review ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got it home . noticeable improvement on the road a lot less body roll in corners. Drove the same road with the 17 to dealer and the stuff that made it skip on and rattle the front was more civilized. Also the 17 had 50000 miles so she was getting loose for sure. Recaros are good for me but if i was any bigger it might be a little uncomfortable. does not porpoise through rollers as much either. It is very noticable how much these truck change over their use. This thing is tight! A good wash board section and sharp edged bumps will tell the difference especially in a corner. The price difference would have bought a crap load of aftermarket stuff for the 17!View attachment 115574
Beautiful truck. Can not wait for mine. Driving me nuts. Glad to hear it’s a bit better than your 17(50k). Excited to hear more from you about it [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's your first Raptor or Gen1 to 2 then huge smile. after having a 17 for awhile it takes that much more to smile more. You get picky with what you want and when. Will take some time to adjust to things like mode order, start/stop button no tow haul on shifter and traction control button location etc. First quick impression....definite improvement (suspension). Hard to beat that new truck smell too.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's your first Raptor or Gen1 to 2 then huge smile. after having a 17 for awhile it takes that much more to smile more. You get picky with what you want and when. Will take some time to adjust to things like mode order, start/stop button no tow haul on shifter and traction control button location etc. First quick impression....definite improvement (suspension). Hard to beat that new truck smell too.

Well mine will be my first Raptor but will definitely be some getting used to compared to my F250. Looking forward to it.

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big smiles coming your way! Have fun and don't save it for the next guy. Btw the 19 is Ingot silver but looks white in the picture. It's growing on me. Got into the pints last night so parked it, got up early and i'm goin ridin boys!!!!

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Good summary. Thought that might be the case, glad I stuck with my 17. Didn't want to lose the moonroof and shadow black, as much as I like the new shocks. The modes look to be the same, minus new names? Annoyed they don't have a mud mode anymore (but name would have gotten too long I guess)

Would you say on road ride is firmer or just better?

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good summary. Thought that might be the case, glad I stuck with my 17. Didn't want to lose the moonroof and shadow black, as much as I like the new shocks. The modes look to be the same, minus new names? Annoyed they don't have a mud mode anymore (but name would have gotten too long I guess)

Would you say on road ride is firmer or just better?
I didn't want to loose the av gray either but it has been a good trade. The modes have tow/haul added (liked it better on shifter) and sport is down not up, which will catch you a few times at the start. Deep snow/sand/mud/soft lawns etc. all the same thing. As for firm or better the suspension is both, firm when it should be (not super duty firm) a lot less wallowing through dips that used up 3/4 of the travel needlessly on the 17 which got the suspension in the wrong position for what was coming next. This truck seems to be in a more ready position for what is coming at it next. The front end is up in attack position not half way back. It does respond better to bumps with at least some throttle input, even just slightly over foot of the pedal altogether. I said I would not spend a dime on my 17 and didn't but the 19 is getting real close to something that with a good spring package front and rear built around the shocks would be super killer on and off road. IMHO.

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to loose the av gray either but it has been a good trade. The modes have tow/haul added (liked it better on shifter) and sport is down not up, which will catch you a few times at the start. Deep snow/sand/mud/soft lawns etc. all the same thing. As for firm or better the suspension is both, firm when it should be (not super duty firm) a lot less wallowing through dips that used up 3/4 of the travel needlessly on the 17 which got the suspension in the wrong position for what was coming next. This truck seems to be in a more ready position for what is coming at it next. The front end is up in attack position not half way back. It does respond better to bumps with at least some throttle input, even just slightly over foot of the pedal altogether. I said I would not spend a dime on my 17 and didn't but the 19 is getting real close to something that with a good spring package front and rear built around the shocks would be super killer on and off road. IMHO.
Does the 19 sit higher or lower than your 17? Is there the same rake affect as the 17/18’s?

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the 19 sit higher or lower than your 17? Is there the same rake affect as the 17/18’s?

Looks a little higher all round but I think my 17 was sacked a bit too. Used it off road a lot with cargo (coolers, outboard,propane, gas etc) and at times a trailer with atv. It looked mushy next to the 19 but it had Toyo R/Ts 35" too which might make it look that way. It seems to have a bit more rake but that's compared to my 17 though. Only have a couple hundred miles on but do see an improvement big step in the right direction. If my sales rep said I will give you a new 18 and your money back for your 19 I'd say no thank you.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark Mamula's words! He'll be showing up soon to tell us that these great reviews are fake news and that his knowledge in all engineering fields give him the ability to make the best reviews without any experience.
Well they are not real,life improvement over 18. I am still right. Some people even hate it, they say it is stiff.