Anyone go from a Gen 3 Raptor to EV Lightning ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See you are a Californian head to toe.…….. sensitive and expecting a bail out. Sorry if I hit a nerve, I was just kidding, but why would anyone, except illegal aliens, line up to get INTO California? I was also born, raised and worked in California, but I escaped in 2019, and not specifically to save taxes. I actually left because I do not agree with state and local government policies. California is a cesspool and everyone knows it, apparently including you. I was just teasing you about your feel good for the plant truck, it’s beautiful! I certainly did not intend to hurt your Californian feelings. Relax, go to Jamba Juice and drink some wheat grass, just don’t use a public restroom, or you could get pregnant!

BTW, I can go 550 miles on a tank nasty fossil fuel and it only takes about 10 minutes to put it back in the gas tank. How far can you go on fairy juice and how long does it take to sprinkle fairy juice back into the fairy juice container? See, you’re brainwashed to believe you save time, but It’s not your fault. The government told you so!

Ok....somebody has to let you in on some common knowledge for folks who have been living in Idaho longer than four years:

We've been battling it out with the likes of Mississippi and New Mexico for the title of poorest state in the union since the bottom fell out of the timber industry in the 80s. We've made progress...we're now 44th in household income, having passed economic power houses like West Virgina and South Carolina. We literally haven't been on the right side of prosperous since the gold rush.

Entitlement? We have one of the highest Federal entitlement participation rates in the nation, when comparing total unemployed to the number of those people filing for unemployment claims. Higher than Oregon and much, much higher than California. Idaho is a proud state with conservative values but let's not pretend it's all roses outside of Eagle or Nampa or wherever you so proudly call home. Go ahead and announce your disdain and disgust for people who accept federal checks in a town like Buhl, Blackfoot or Shoshone. Go ahead, we'll wait and see if you walk out of there when you turn your chin up at those folks. Welfare programs are very much in our DNA--at a participation rate that's more than twice that of Comifornia.

For those of us who have been here longer than this century, the influx of newbs spouting about their new found freedom Mecca is entertaining at best, albeit slightly nauseating. The COVID migratory group is particularly ignorant to the realities of the Gem State. And as a heads up, most of Idaho's politically conservative history is due to its LDS residents and the direction of the church. Watch what happens when the Church green lights industrial hemp or someday welcomes homosexuality (gasp!). As goes the Church, so goes Idaho, historically speaking. While I have always cherished Idaho's libertarian leaning management, don't go thinking Tucker Carlson or McCarthy are calling the shots up here.

You might also be upset upon learning that your new home has a decorated history of defending it's natural resources and access to public land from privatization at all costs. That history is fiercely bipartisan and a beautiful hybrid of old school libertarian and conservation oriented values. Just ask Representative Simpson or the late Frank Church.

But absolutely do carry on. We love all the new folks here who can't be bothered to smell the sht outside of the roses. We can't have you stop bragging about leaving the dreaded California for paradise, now, can we?

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See you are a Californian head to toe.…….. sensitive and expecting a bail out. Sorry if I hit a nerve, I was just kidding, but why would anyone, except illegal aliens, line up to get INTO California? I was also born, raised and worked in California, but I escaped in 2019, and not specifically to save taxes. I actually left because I do not agree with state and local government policies. California is a cesspool and everyone knows it, apparently including you. I was just teasing you about your feel good for the plant truck, it’s beautiful! I certainly did not intend to hurt your Californian feelings. Relax, go to Jamba Juice and drink some wheat grass, just don’t use a public restroom, or you could get pregnant!

BTW, I can go 550 miles on a tank nasty fossil fuel and it only takes about 10 minutes to put it back in the gas tank. How far can you go on fairy juice and how long does it take to sprinkle fairy juice back into the fairy juice container? See, you’re brainwashed to believe you save time, but It’s not your fault. The government told you so!
For someone that has now accused multiple people of being sensitive and having their feelers hurt in here it sure seems like you're coming from a place of experience. I thought we were just giving each other a hard time, maybe I shouldn't have called people that leave cowards. Everyone should be able to do what they feel is best. I get that. That's just not for me. I have family that have been residents of Idaho for generations, nice place to visit and I have fond memories of learning how to bow hunt and fishing the sanke river as a kid. You'll be neighbors with friends if you're in Meridian. The police departments have to be all ex-cals by now. Probably a great place, but if you're that close to Boise you're basically still in California, so let's hope not for your sake.

It only takes about 4 seconds to fill up my fairy juice and then I walk away and by the time I come back it's magically full again. 320 more miles.

13,000 miles at 550 mile intervals in between is 4 hours at the pump for 10 minutes stops. That's absolute best case scenario, no one gets 550 miles in their Raptor, maybe 440. So 5 hours at the pump is more reasonable. That's like 10 episodes of Gunsmoke that I could sit on my couch and watch, depending on the season, of course. But I don't mind Chester.
I've definitely saved time.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score

Let's force people to buy vehicles they don't want and don't have electrical infrastructure in place to support it at those levels (6% of vehicles today are electric and CA can't even support that amount)--how are they going to support 67%? Answer--they don't care. Wonder why China is building coal fire plants weekly--not green sustainable sources? Any who...nothing to see here.

Loving the Raptor.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok....somebody has to let you in on some common knowledge for folks who have been living in Idaho longer than four years:

We've been battling it out with the likes of Mississippi and New Mexico for the title of poorest state in the union since the bottom fell out of the timber industry in the 80s. We've made progress...we're now 44th in household income, having passed economic power houses like West Virgina and South Carolina. We literally haven't been on the right side of prosperous since the gold rush.

Entitlement? We have one of the highest Federal entitlement participation rates in the nation, when comparing total unemployed to the number of those people filing for unemployment claims. Higher than Oregon and much, much higher than California. Idaho is a proud state with conservative values but let's not pretend it's all roses outside of Eagle or Nampa or wherever you so proudly call home. Go ahead and announce your disdain and disgust for people who accept federal checks in a town like Buhl, Blackfoot or Shoshone. Go ahead, we'll wait and see if you walk out of there when you turn your chin up at those folks. Welfare programs are very much in our DNA--at a participation rate that's more than twice that of Comifornia.

For those of us who have been here longer than this century, the influx of newbs spouting about their new found freedom Mecca is entertaining at best, albeit slightly nauseating. The COVID migratory group is particularly ignorant to the realities of the Gem State. And as a heads up, most of Idaho's politically conservative history is due to its LDS residents and the direction of the church. Watch what happens when the Church green lights industrial hemp or someday welcomes homosexuality (gasp!). As goes the Church, so goes Idaho, historically speaking. While I have always cherished Idaho's libertarian leaning management, don't go thinking Tucker Carlson or McCarthy are calling the shots up here.

You might also be upset upon learning that your new home has a decorated history of defending it's natural resources and access to public land from privatization at all costs. That history is fiercely bipartisan and a beautiful hybrid of old school libertarian and conservation oriented values. Just ask Representative Simpson or the late Frank Church.

But absolutely do carry on. We love all the new folks here who can't be bothered to smell the sht outside of the roses. We can't have you stop bragging about leaving the dreaded California for paradise, now, can we?
I missed the reason why you got on this rant! I was just attempting to have a comic exchange with a person about EV’s.

Oh I get it, a poor potato framer unset that the Idaho status quo has changed! You throw stats out like Biden. I did bring a lot of money into Idaho and increased my standard of living 10x, so what. Jealousy is an ugly emotion, maybe if you move to Arkansas, you can do the same thing. Let me guess, you have a bumper sticker on your truck that says….IDAHO NATIVE.……BFD! Take your bumper sticker to Starbucks and try to buy a cup of coffee, then let me know how that works!

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For someone that has now accused multiple people of being sensitive and having their feelers hurt in here it sure seems like you're coming from a place of experience. I thought we were just giving each other a hard time, maybe I shouldn't have called people that leave cowards. Everyone should be able to do what they feel is best. I get that. That's just not for me. I have family that have been residents of Idaho for generations, nice place to visit and I have fond memories of learning how to bow hunt and fishing the sanke river as a kid. You'll be neighbors with friends if you're in Meridian. The police departments have to be all ex-cals by now. Probably a great place, but if you're that close to Boise you're basically still in California, so let's hope not for your sake.

It only takes about 4 seconds to fill up my fairy juice and then I walk away and by the time I come back it's magically full again. 320 more miles.

13,000 miles at 550 mile intervals in between is 4 hours at the pump for 10 minutes stops. That's absolute best case scenario, no one gets 550 miles in their Raptor, maybe 440. So 5 hours at the pump is more reasonable. That's like 10 episodes of Gunsmoke that I could sit on my couch and watch, depending on the season, of course. But I don't mind Chester.
I've definitely saved time.
Wow….4 seconds! Actually, my record on the freeway is 565….most at the speed limit. It takes me about 60 seconds to get my card approved and place the nozzle in the tank. I then walk inside, take a leak and when I return, the nasty fossil fuel take is full, before off I go. According to the attachment, it takes 8 hours to fill the lighting with fairy dust. If correct, after driving 320 miles, about 5-6 hours, you must magically wait 8 hours, before another 320 miles. You could drink a ton of wheat grass! Happy fairy dusting!

Attachments

• 86ECE623-0A35-48E8-A0DA-1027F2CF4977.jpeg
    86ECE623-0A35-48E8-A0DA-1027F2CF4977.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the reason why you got on this rant! I was just attempting to have a comic exchange with a person about EV’s.

Oh I get it, a poor potato framer unset that the Idaho status quo has changed! You throw stats out like Biden. I did bring a lot of money into Idaho and increased my standard of living 10x, so what. Jealousy is an ugly emotion, maybe if you move to Arkansas, you can do the same thing. Let me guess, you have a bumper sticker on your truck that says….IDAHO NATIVE.……BFD! Take your bumper sticker to Starbucks and try to buy a cup of coffee, then let me know how that works!
Case in point. I can't imagine why folks aren't embracing you recent transplants with arms wide open! "I've got money so you MUST be happy to have me and if you're not, you're just jealous!" I can't think of a more Californian thing to say. Oh man...what a way to go through life.

I'll say hi to the folks outside of the Treasure Valley for you. The potato farmers, ranchers, dairymen, service people, miners and other deplorables. You might have seen them on your way in?

Carry on, good sir.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow….4 seconds! Actually, my record on the freeway is 565….most at the speed limit. It takes me about 60 seconds to get my card approved and place the nozzle in the tank. I then walk inside, take a leak and when I return, the nasty fossil fuel take is full, before off I go. According to the attachment, it takes 8 hours to fill the lighting with fairy dust. If correct, after driving 320 miles, about 5-6 hours, you must magically wait 8 hours, before another 320 miles. You could drink a ton of wheat grass! Happy fairy dusting!
So you lock the pump on and and walk away?

I've seen them not click off like they should 3 different times. Once while I was pumping it, and twice I've seen it happen to others.

Gas pouring down the side of the car, and a huge puddle under the car real quick like.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Case in point. I can't imagine why folks aren't embracing you recent transplants with arms wide open! "I've got money so you MUST be happy to have me and if you're not, you're just jealous!" I can't think of a more Californian thing to say. Oh man...what a way to go through life.

I'll say hi to the folks outside of the Treasure Valley for you. The potato farmers, ranchers, dairymen, service people, miners and other deplorables. You might have seen them on your way in?

Carry on, good sir.
You’re the person that came in this discussion with the Idaho native attitude! Last I looked, Idaho was part of the United States, have fun In Arkansas, I will tell the millionaires in the Treasure Valley that you said good bye. On a similar note, the other day I saw a pickup truck parked IFO a very large house under construction. It was obvious that the truck belonged to some type of construction worker. There was a large decal the shape of Idaho on the rear window that articulated, “WE ARE FULL F*** OFF.” I assume the owner of the truck doesn’t realize the decal to whom the people referred, is paying his mortgage and buying his PBR. Maybe he will follow you to Arkansas and the two of you can talk about potatoes.

Last edited:

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you lock the pump on and and walk away?

I've seen them not click off like they should 3 different times. Once while I was pumping it, and twice I've seen it happen to others.

Gas pouring down the side of the car, and a huge puddle under the car real quick like.
I’ve seen it happen, but as of now, it hasn’t happened to me. That said, I once witnessed the person on the opposite side of the pump, remove the nozzle from a vehicle whose driver walked away and pump a few gallons into a large gas can. Have fun saving the planet!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I once witnessed the person on the opposite side of the pump, remove the nozzle from a vehicle whose driver walked away and pump a few gallons into a large gas can.

That would have been a good laugh.