Anyone go from a Gen 3 Raptor to EV Lightning ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reservation just got called for an EV Lightning and I am inclined to trade my 2018 Raptor for it. Worst case I hate it and trade it back for a 2024 Raptor if I hate it. So wondering if anyone else has gone through the change? Thoughts? Regrets?
Dude, she, her, they, with whatever pronoun you identify, please never….ever move to Idaho.

GoHerd2000

Reaction score
My reservation just got called for an EV Lightning and I am inclined to trade my 2018 Raptor for it. Worst case I hate it and trade it back for a 2024 Raptor if I hate it. So wondering if anyone else has gone through the change? Thoughts? Regrets?

I was in the same boat.
I really wanted to beta test for Ford and was willing to deal with all the gremlins.
The charging network was the deal breaker for me.
I travel multiple interstates for 200+ miles a leg that haver ZERO DC fast charging options.
I'll circle back in 4-5 years and maybe the infrastructure bill fast charging has started to roll out.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Texas is full....
Plus it’s hot as HELL. And scorpions, rattlesnakes, copperheads, coral snakes. Did I mention that the native grass is sand spurs?

Don’t believe what you read or hear on the news, people are fleeing Texas. You don’t want to come here.
This isn’t the state you’re looking for.
Move along.