Anyone get new frozen latch notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter from Ford for a frozen door latch customer satisfaction program just came out this October.

I did have frozen door latches a few times on my 2018 screw last winter.

anyone have this done yet? Does it fix it?

Thanks

image98

Reaction score
I never experienced any freezing issues with my latches, but the dealership performed the warranty work. I haven't noticed any difference visually or in operation.

crowmobe540

Reaction score
I had the issue on mine and got it fixed at the dealer. Haven't had the issue since. I haven't received the letter but maybe that is because I already had the work done.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I took mine in for Warranty work, they told me the same thing. Unless you have had the problem, they will not perform the fix. Since I live in South Texas, I only see one or two days a year below freezing.

Unfortunately, my Ford Pass app still tells me there is a Field Service Action every time I log in, but they are never going to do it to my truck. Sigh...

Does anyone know of a way to clear the message from the Ford Pass App?

Justin1980

Reaction score
Same here mine is a 2019. I plan in taking it in just to take care of it as winter approaches. My recommendation is everyone should just get it done.