frozen door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone experienced frozen door handles on this truck? I have a 2017 and experienced it and googled it and found this was a recall. I couldn't find any threads regarding this so i was just curious if this was a common issue with other owners and if it is only on 2017s

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Did you loose heat in your garage?

No, never heard of a frozen door handle recall. Remote start it for a few cycles. Should thaw out.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find the recall? What’s the recall number? I only ask because I’m curious about how the dealership is going to recall this cold weather :D

It sucks but it happens, moisture and cold weather….

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was a tsb regarding this. it happens when it gets moisture in the lock mechanism and then freezing temps causes it to lock up and not function. there were several threads regarding this issue just make an appt with the dealership and have then fix it.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was a tsb regarding this. it happens when it gets moisture in the lock mechanism and then freezing temps causes it to lock up and not function. there were several threads regarding this issue just make an appt with the dealership and have then fix it.
Correct. Quick search found it, TSB 19N06.

Although this only lists 2018-2019, I wonder if they still just use this for the 2017s or is there a significant difference..

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone experienced frozen door handles on this truck? I have a 2017 and experienced it and googled it and found this was a recall. I couldn't find any threads regarding this so i was just curious if this was a common issue with other owners and if it is only on 2017s
We have had a frozen rear tailgate. What recall are you referring to?

OP
OP
R

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have had a frozen rear tailgate. What recall are you referring to?

I called my local dealer about this issue and they scheduled me to have it remedied next month.

Apparently it relates to water or moisture getting into the door mechanism and when it's freezing outside the latch gets ice and frozen either stuck open when you open the door or it won't open even if you pull the handle.

I only experienced this last week so I looked it up and saw it was common for some f150s.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The door handle works fine...

For me it was closing the door, it was acting like a jammed lock and I had to lock and unlock it like 20 times for it to work.