Any Used Raptor major gotchas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obrientmo

Reaction score
As you might figure I am new here looking at my first Raptor. I am interested in looking at a 2019/2020. I have been looking for ~40k miles or under but have found some nice looking trucks that have even up to 75K miles on them. My question is that since this is my first are there any major maintenance milestones or items that I need to look out for with the engine/turbos or anything else that I need to look out for? I typically only put about 3000-5000 miles a year on a car so im not really concerned with running it way up but just want it to be reliable and perform.

Thanks!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just like with any other used vehicle maintenance records are critical. If there are gaps in maintenance history or records or missing entirely I would pass on the purchase. Same goes for extended oil change intervals; if it had the oil changed every 10,000 miles, that is the maximum under perfect conditions, which is basically no realistic use case.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like with any other used vehicle maintenance records are critical. If there are gaps in maintenance history or records or missing entirely I would pass on the purchase. Same goes for extended oil change intervals; if it had the oil changed every 10,000 miles, that is the maximum under perfect conditions, which is basically no realistic use case.
So by this theory, if I have every maintenance record of every job done by Ford, and show proof of every service interval at or within every 10K miles, my truck would be highly sought after in the used Market?

Honest question as this in the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever purchased and if I ever do have to sell, want to make sure I covered all my bases.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So by this theory, if I have every maintenance record of every job done by Ford, and show proof of every service interval at or within every 10K miles, my truck would be highly sought after in the used Market?

Honest question as this in the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever purchased and if I ever do have to sell, want to make sure I covered all my bases.
I’m not sure about highly sought after, but it certainly will be appealing to any buyer doing their due diligence before making an expensive purchase.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Also “in theory” if you use the search bar at the top right hand of the screen you can learn everything you are curious about.

UsedRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find one in a non or next to little road salt state. Get Leadfoot as a color run 91 non-e, smile everytime you put your arse in the driver's seat.