Any tricks for smell of cigarettes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Note: I will allow the obligatory "Quit smoking" comment because you are right....however I only smoke in the BEAST on long trips and it's starting to smell a little musty first thing in the morning. I will say the leather helps a lot because my FJ had these thick canvas-like seats that soaked everything up...hell if I had a bad bout of gas my drivers seat smelled for a week.

Anyway, I have tried the Scotch Guard upholstery cleaner which helps to mask the smell but I want it GONE. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Bojangles

Note: I will allow the obligatory "Quit smoking" comment because you are right....however I only smoke in the BEAST on long trips and it's starting to smell a little musty first thing in the morning. I will say the leather helps a lot because my FJ had these thick canvas-like seats that soaked everything up...hell if I had a bad bout of gas my drivers seat smelled for a week.

Anyway, I have tried the Scotch Guard upholstery cleaner which helps to mask the smell but I want it GONE. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps if you start smoking **** in your truck you will be able to cover the smell of tobacco.

sound advice.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i gotta buy a 12V stove burner so I can cook **** in the truck. I would never have to leave it.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
big-bird-in-truck.jpg

B

Bojangles

oh how I've missed our nonsensical Raptor banter....... It's good to see you again Bird.

For real though, I know a smoker who always carries those little Ozium bottles in her purse and car.... she claims it works, but it's hard for me to tell due to her overflowing ashtray.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i have an Ozone generator which is essentially a $700 paper weight for our apartments but i wonder if I leave it on all night in my truck lol.

B

Bojangles

i have an Ozone generator which is essentially a $700 paper weight for our apartments but i wonder if I leave it on all night in my truck lol.

it couldn't hurt, we've used those things in apartments I've managed with mixed results. ...but then again, there's pretty much nothing on earth that will overpower the stench of kim-chee.

I used to have a maintenance guy that swore by some product.... i think it was called "Malador" or something similar.... I know it worked well on smoky apartments, but to tell you the truth I never actually saw the product or him in the process of using it so I have no idea how its applied

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Zep used to make a product that worked great on the big rigs... some of the drivers smoked constantly in the cabs and this stuff worked wonders. I looked at the Zep website and I didn't see a product name that looked familiar (the old stuff was probably banned by the Cal EPA or something... it worked good.) but they do have a "green" product now... that would be my first try. "AIR FAIR SMOKE SCREEN"... Home depot used to sell Zep...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
x2 on the Zep. The old stuff Mark mentions. Not to sure about the new stuff, but its worth a try.

Pretty sure you can find it at Home Depot too.