GEN 2 Any real benefit of buying 2019 vs 2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First I hear of this... Got more info?

on the 2019 802A trucks you can go to the 'truck info' screen and view a ton of usefull "measurement' info, AFR, cylinder head temp, oil pressure, etc. I've scrolled through 2 screens of measurement info shown in the first 2 pics below..
aSzA38.jpg

gkSKfP.jpg

Then, can you choose up to (2) measurements and add them to the Myview screen in the form of what appears to be a round analog gauge. Below is the screen I look at when driving, I've added vacuum/boost and oil pressure although they could be any of the measurement info. In case you're wondering, the gauges change INSTANTLY when stepping on the pedal, etc...

2ucDlJ.jpg

Last edited:

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. This additional gauge display is one of the number of "smaller" changes in the 2019 but which all are very nice advancements that make the 2019 a bit more developed. Other changes: 4G hotspot via "sharkfin" antenna, available recaro seats, new beadlock wheels that appear to be lower weight, slightly different off-road modes, of course the live shocks which have better handling both on and off road, collisiion avoidance system now can bring vehicle to a full stop, different oil pan which phased in during 2018 production, apparently somewhat different/smoother shift programming for the transmission, nicer steering wheel with Raptor logo, new engine cover, more low profile/different rear view mirror mounting of the lane warning and collision cameras, a little more info on the FordPass app, revised base seats, apparently fixed door latches for the cold weather door latch problem that got fixed via a TSB and midstream for 2018s. Probably other tweaks as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoostinFD

BoostinFD

Reaction score
Yes. This additional gauge display is one of the number of "smaller" changes in the 2019 but which all are very nice advancements that make the 2019 a bit more developed. Other changes: 4G hotspot via "sharkfin" antenna, available recaro seats, new beadlock wheels that appear to be lower weight, slightly different off-road modes, of course the live shocks, different oil pan which phased in during 2018 production, apparently somewhat different/smoother shift programming for the transmission, nicer steering wheel with Raptor logo, new engine cover, more low profile/different rear view mirror mounting of the lane warning and collision cameras, a little more info on the FordPass app, revised base seats. Probably other tweaks as well.

well, damn!

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the 2019 802A trucks you can go to the 'truck info' screen and view a ton of usefull "measurement' info, AFR, cylinder head temp, oil pressure, etc. I've scrolled through 2 screens of measurement info shown in the first 2 pics below..

Then, can you choose up to (2) measurements and add them to the Myview screen in the form of what appears to be a round analog gauge. Below is the screen I look at when driving, I've added vacuum/boost and oil pressure although they could be any of the measurement info. In case you're wondering, the gauges change INSTANTLY when stepping on the pedal, etc...

Hey, Johnkn: If you get a chance, can you post some comparisons between coolant temp and engine oil temps? Say, open highway, puttering around town/stop 'n go, anything else you do regularly? I'd like to know how they compare...does engine oil temp roughly parallel coolant temp once fully warmed up, or generally run warmer or cooler?

Thx!

sgtdevildog

Reaction score
I went from the14 to the 17 and 6 months later to the 18 for the sound system and the lead foot gray…but for the 19…just not sure the suspension is worth yet another trade. 2020 is not far away…waiting to see what they have in store for us then.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 2018 but waiting for the 2020 for a possible trade if the numbers line up

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'18 here. The goodies on the '19 didnt make sense to me.

The dash info is pretty rad, but not worth the upsale IMO

sean1968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not get the gen3 since that will not be too far off? Getting a 19 over 17/18 is trivial, but the gen3 will be enough different that many will want that instead.
Better to wait for the gen 4. It should have a quad turbo v12 that gets 300mpg with auto hovering for those times when you’re sick of flying it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro