Hello everyome , thinking of buying a 2018, 2019 Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
That's good news.
Does anyone happen to know if they fixed the Transmission tuning or hard shift issues ?

Or are the Transmission known to go bad ?
I just got my 18 back from the dealer week before last, they replaced cam phasers, did the other recalls and whatever. The transmission has never shifted better. Not sure if the software was updated or the tranny just hasn't relearned yet.

It seems to idle smoother also, maybe the phasers were causing all the issues, don't know.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good news.
Does anyone happen to know if they fixed the Transmission tuning or hard shift issues ?

I have a 2019 that just got back from a 10 day stint in service. She’s at 52k miles. Cam phasers we’re replaced last year. This time they reprogrammed the TCM under warranty (she no longer holds third and then jerks into 4th after a cold start). They also replaced my IWE assemblies after I noticed grinding coming from the front wheels. They also were able to replace my cracked horn cover/driver airbag assembly under safety and restraint warranty (it has cracked along the perforations through which the airbag deploys twice). All of these issues were addressed in prior TSB’s and the dealer took care of them without issue. Mind you the first two dealers I went to tried to force me to use my extended service third party warranty (since it pays the dealer a higher labor rate and they can markup parts). I handed them printed copies of all the TSB’s and they had no choice but to concede that the issues were indeed covered under the new vehicle applicable warranties. They then told me it would be weeks if not more until they even got to diagnosing it (and added that if I didn’t leave my Raptor sitting waiting for those weeks in some imaginary line they wouldn’t get to it). Third dealer took my list of issues, gave me a F150 Platinum to drive, and sent me on my way. Blew my mind after my experience with the other idiots

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good news.

They are good proven trucks. Tranny is solid. First 2 minutes on the drive the shift from 3-4 might be a little weird feeling but it can be reprogrammed. it doesn’t bother me.

It’s hard to get a chance to cold start a at a dealership. You have to stand by it and let them go get the key, as most(bigger lots) have the sales guy drive it up to you. The the rattle is 2-3 seconds in most cases. Mine has been doing it for the last 25k and I’m at 120k now. Not a deal breaker for most.

OP
OP
FP_RPTR

FP_RPTR

Reaction score
They are good proven trucks. Tranny is solid. First 2 minutes on the drive the shift from 3-4 might be a little weird feeling but it can be reprogrammed. it doesn’t bother me.

It’s hard to get a chance to cold start a at a dealership. You have to stand by it and let them go get the key, as most(bigger lots) have the sales guy drive it up to you. The the rattle is 2-3 seconds in most cases. Mine has been doing it for the last 25k and I’m at 120k now. Not a deal breaker for most.
That's great!! I don't want to go from my Ram 2500 Cummins with Zero issues in the last 6 years to, known issues

So that's good to know ur at 120k with the cold start sound and no issues so far.

Thanks