Any mountain bikers? Post your travel setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dnpbakon

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a 1Up rack (I have an add-on for those time I want to take both bikes) and a Kuat Pivot v2 so I can open the tailgate without having to take the bike off the rack.

View attachment 436860
Both rad options man. I had a Kuat NV 2.0 but just didn’t want to put the Ebike on a hitch rack. Regret selling it though. Now those racks are so expensive it’s wild. I’ll see how the freedom coast option works out and will update yall when I install

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a 1Up rack (I have an add-on for those time I want to take both bikes) and a Kuat Pivot v2 so I can open the tailgate without having to take the bike off the rack.

View attachment 436860

Ya I looked at the pivot but wanted to keep the rack as close to the tailgate as possible when not in use. So far so good, although I did really like the just overall.

Reaction score
Both rad options man. I had a Kuat NV 2.0 but just didn’t want to put the Ebike on a hitch rack. Regret selling it though. Now those racks are so expensive it’s wild. I’ll see how the freedom coast option works out and will update yall when I install
Yeah, they really have gotten super expensive. I've got a tailgate pad for those time when I ride my regular bike with my buddies, but because of my schedule I ride solo most of the time, and find it easier/more convenient to use the hitch mount. It's nice to just swing the whole thing out to the side, drop the tailgate, gear up and then take the bike off. I take the 1Up/Kuat combo off when I'm not riding because it sticks out father than I'd like to keep it on all the time.

Ya I looked at the pivot but wanted to keep the rack as close to the tailgate as possible when not in use. So far so good, although I did really like the just overall.

Yeah, the Kuat adds a good 6-8" of length to the setup, so I take it off when it's not in use. I used to keep the whole thing on my 4Runner all the time, but that's a much shorter vehicle so the added length wasn't a concern. I drove around with it on the Raptor for a while and it made it almost impossible to fit in most parking spaces.

Reaction score
Whatsup everyone.

So I ride just about every weekend. Normal trails are about 45min away but I go north to the mountains and ride Kanuga/windrock/Jarrods place maybe 2-3 times a year. I used to run a kuat hitch rack but it seems useless when I have a pickup lol. I now have a bed cover and just lay the bike in the bed.

How’s everyone else travel with there setup? ( I don’t use tailgate pads since these tails gates are chunky and nothing fits right).

I’d love to run a GFC topper (non tent version) and then run a sliding bike rack in and out of the bed.

Let’s see some setups!
Love the Levo - awesome bikes! I'm a sucker for raw carbon so I went with the Expert and upgraded a lot - but that red with the Kashima is sooo sick.

OP
OP
Dnpbakon

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the Levo - awesome bikes! I'm a sucker for raw carbon so I went with the Expert and upgraded a lot - but that red with the Kashima is sooo sick.
Best bike I’ve ever owned man. Sometimes I wish I went with an s3 over the s2 but it’s still fits me money.

Attachments

• IMG_5098.jpeg
    IMG_5098.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Best bike I’ve ever owned man. Sometimes I wish I went with an s3 over the s2 but it’s still fits me money.
I know what you mean, this bike is on another level. I sized down on Levo (S4), too - but probably for different reasons. My pedal bike (the one I take to the mountains) is an XL because the extra length is great when gravity is doing the heavy lifting. My Levo is my Florida bike so I went smaller for the tight, twisty trails and the motor keeps the speed up since we don't have a lot of elevation.

Attachments

• IMG_3335.jpeg
    IMG_3335.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2339.jpeg
    IMG_2339.jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Dnpbakon

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean, this bike is on another level. I sized down on Levo (S4), too - but probably for different reasons. My pedal bike (the one I take to the mountains) is an XL because the extra length is great when gravity is doing the heavy lifting. My Levo is my Florida bike so I went smaller for the tight, twisty trails and the motor keeps the speed up since we don't have a lot of elevation.
Same exact reason for me dude I live in Jacksonville Florida and the levo makes all my local stuff ( santos, alafia, graham swamp) much more fun