Another One (sunroof) bites the dust!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about washed up but utterly vile?

Back to the thread. nikhsub1, when will you actually tackle this? Your post made me run out in the 104 degree heat and lube mine!
Well, parts won't be here until the weekend - so not sure when I'll get around to it. Thankfully my roof is closed so I'm just not going to open it until I replace the brackets.

Nap925

Reaction score
I just replaced my sunroof tracks with ones from fleabay, seem to be decent parts and so far so good. I super cleaned all the surfaces and used copious amounts of high temp silicone grease everywhere.
Before retightening the screws for the glass, I used plastic pry levers to slightly push/force the glass panel forward (when in the closed position) before tightening everything down. I had to do this a few times to get the good results. When I open the sunroof now, it doesn't seem bind as much and doesn't leak. Long term results are still TBD.