Another CO newbie here... hoping for a little help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been creeping on the forum for the last year and just learning as much as I can about Raptors and how to get one. Honestly I've never seen a car (truck) forum as helpful or informative as this one and I can't wait to one day be able to contribute to it. I've done a lot of research on my own and know kind of how to go about getting a raptor at a good deal, and am well aware of the Dealers Selling at Invoice thread. With that said I know that the dealers who are willing to go to invoice are always changing and I have a little more specific situation.

I've got a 2008 Ford Edge that I am looking to trade in for a Raptor, whether it be a 2013 on the lot somewhere or me ordering a new 2014 from the factory. I am wondering if anyone has been able to get any Ford dealers in the Front Range of Colorado, preferably the Denver/Boulder area, to give them a good deal on a Raptor, as well as a fair value on their trade in?

I'm perfectly willing to go out of state to get invoice or close to it if that's what it comes down to, but I am curious as to how I can go about trading in my old car sight unseen with a dealer out of state and expect a good price?

I know it's a question that isn't very common and I'm hoping someone here can give me some guidance on where to go and what to do.

Thanks!

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Good dealer

skifastdrivefaster try Colorado Springs Phil Long at Motor city they were very willing to deal with me. I started with an internet quote on the truck and options I wanted and bargained down from their quote. I got my 2010 at invoice and they let me take the truck for the day to try it out before buying.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Best deal I managed in Denver was Groove Ford wanted $2500 over invoice. I ended up ordering mine through Louisburg Ford for $50 over invoice located in Kansas City.

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought two from Groove Ford on Araphoe/ I25.

The first one I got $1K off. The last one I went in with two buds that were buying trucks. One just bought his Raptor and the other an EcoBoost. I got $2K off my 2014, but I think was a unique situation.

Your best bet is to call around and get "Buy Bids" from dealers on your car first. Than go in to trade it. That way you can secure your best trade numbers.

OR

Sell it and run the deal through the dealership so you can get the tax credit.

The hardest part your going to have is timing it all. If you find the truck you want, jump on it. They are becoming harder to find. I got lucky on my 2014. Two new 14's were being unloaded as I pulled into the dealer. One was sold, the other I bought that minute.

Groove Ford orders every one of their Raptors loaded with all options. The Tux Black raptors do not get decals when they order.

Good luck on your search.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes everyone I can't wait to finally be the owner of one of these beasts!

Mprice, mydinosaur, and timgco, is there anyone specific you would recommend me to talk to at those dealerships that you worked with to get around the deal you guys got? Especially the Louisburg Ford. I have no problem with going out of state to get the best deal, my money is valued more than my time for something like this.