ANOTHER Bed Cover Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subseashooter

Reaction score
But a different requirement....

I need a bed cover that I can remove by myself if I need to.

I really don't care for bed covers, but being that I'm going to be having my Raptor covered A LOT of the time, I'm going to need a bed cover to keep rain water from pooling in the bed on top of the car cover. SO, I'll have to deal with having a bed cover.

It's definitely gotta look good and clean, and most of what I have seen fits that bill. I like that I can take a nap on most all of them, they can even support the weight of a big boy, and I like that a lot of covers now can be partially opened.

But when I need to haul a load of sod, or whatever, I need to take the darn thing off, and more than likely, I'll be alone. So I need one that I can remove and reinstall alone.

Directions, anyone?

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have this one Amazon.com: 2012 Ford F-150 TruXedo TruXport Roll-Up Tonneau Cover 297601: Automotive

while it doesnt remove easily it rolls up tight enough to allow use of almost all the bed. i wouldnt stand on it but i dont hesitate to throw a 30 pack of beer up there til i get the cab opened. and its virtually watertight. and cheap. only thing i dont like about it is the velcro straps are kinda flimsy. solved that with some bungee cord if im gonna have it rolled up for awhile

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can remove the extang solid fold by my self. It's a tri fold hard cover. Once the third fold is clipped in place you can pick it up and carry it under your arm. The groove for the latches that runs the length of the fold is a great spot to grab with your hand and tuck it under your arm. Carry out the bed like a brief case.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's still 70lbs. That girl ate her Wheaties.

I'm looking for one I can attach a rack to so I can carry kayaks. Bak has a couple of interesting options, but expensive.

One Black SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image-418549167.jpg

I love this bedcover and it comes off in 3 separate pieces so it's not bad to remove. 10 minutes I'm guessing.... Diamondback SE with LineX premium coating.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truxedo 597695 5.5' Bed TonneauTraX for Ford F-150

Truxedo is a GREAT soft-top product. I have had a TonneauxTrax on my 2010 SCAB for 4 years. I completely remove it when I have the chase rack in (with my Powertank mounted). Before installing the Powertank onto the chase rack, I was able to leave the cover installed (rolled up). The TonneauxTrax's extra capability of having some cargo hooks along the top rails has come in handy.

I have purchased two of these now. One for my 2010 and one for the wife's 2014. You can it on amazon here:
Amazon.com: Truxedo 597695 5.5' Bed TonneauTraX for Ford F-150 2009-11: Automotive

$599 but just stalk it for a while and it will drop. Got my last one for less than $475.

Good Luck on your search!

OP
OP
S

subseashooter

Reaction score
That Diamondback is damn sexy...what kinda weight can it hold, SVT? Like can it support my 300lb ass while I'm drinking beer? LOL!

I ended up going with the Fibermax....the price was right, and the reviews on other threads was great. Can't wait to get my truck and get it on!!!

One Black SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sub, --- I'm not gonna knock the fibermax as I have never had one on my truck.... I can tell you that the diamondback gets ALOT of attention and I get asked all the time to talk about it at the gas pump / grocery store / etc.... It's a great looking / functioning / dry as a bone inside no matter how hard it rains bed cover. Best thing, it's not the every day bed cover that everyone else has.... and yes, this model can hold 400lbs on top .... but honestly, I just use the inside cargo area..... I waited 3 weeks for it to be built and installed it myself.... worth the wait.