Amber color question on duallys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question for the people that have this setup.

I am wanting to buy the dually fog light setup. Why not just have two whites? Why are people getting the amber color? What does having that color on the outside benefit?

Also who is the best vendor to get these? Hard to install?

Thanks in advance.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where do you live?

I'm in Minnesota and during bad weather the ambers cut through the snow and fog better. The whites are so bright that they reflect off the snow/fog and are of no useable use...

I have Rigid Industries and love them! I've also heard Whelen are an excellent brand as well.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that dually setup and figure the rigids will do good. I plan to go ahead and order them. I am going to setup the amber ones on one switch and the whites on another switch whenever I can figure that part out. I read on another thread to email that james guy so I did. I did this new post to see how everyone was liking their lights so far as well.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

After reading some I take it the D2 is a lot brighter than the duallys? I am primary going to be using them for road use.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like that dually setup and figure the rigids will do good. I plan to go ahead and order them. I am going to setup the amber ones on one switch and the whites on another switch whenever I can figure that part out. I read on another thread to email that james guy so I did. I did this new post to see how everyone was liking their lights so far as well.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

After reading some I take it the D2 is a lot brighter than the duallys? I am primary going to be using them for road use.

The d2 has six leds instead of four like the Dually. Personally, I went with all white LEDs and bought amber covers for the situations that I might need it. This way I don't have a light that is only amber as they're not quite as bright as the white.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score

If your going to be using them a lot on the road, rigid does have a DOT compliant dually/d2 setup. I've been selling quite a few of those lately, and the amber covers work with these as well when the weather turns bad. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Joseph Haynes

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran all 4 white and then put amber covers on as necessary.

I have the brackets for sale if you're interested.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the responses. I want to get these and do the 5 star tuner. Just getting a plan. Are these lights hard to install?

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my duallys and a 20" light bar in about an hour and a half...pretty simple. Hooking up the switches, now that's a pain in the ass.

Do you mind posting a picture? Would like to see your setup

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mind posting a picture? Would like to see your setup

Pictures? Hahaha...I'm a computer idiot and ain't figured out how to do that yet. But if you go to Stage 3 Motorsports web site, look under the Raptor section, and go to lighting, they have some good pics of different setups. The amber actually look like the clear when they are on the truck, so you really can't tell they're amber till you turn them on.