Am I missing something? Light price rant!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With 50 inch light bars costing $199 Rigid may have to pack up and move production to China, in order to compete once the word gets out.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sadly this discussion will never come to a consensus. Let's just say if you buy American you support the country you live in. If not .......... Well you have to look into the mirror each day.

Better send back the non-American parts on your truck!
Lol c'mon dude, don't be so obtuse

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll just add that I like my Rigid duallys and the light they put out but 3 of the 4 have had condensation issues. 2 of them I sent back for free repair but I was out if action for 2 weeks. The 3rd one I just took apart, applied a liberal amount of clear silicon around the edge, torqued the face plate back on evenly and never had another problem.

The $25 CREE led six inch light bars I got on Amazon for reverse lights are damn near as bright and never had a hint of moisture in the 7 months they've been on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll just add that I like my Rigid duallys and the light they put out but 3 of the 4 have had condensation issues. 2 of them I sent back for free repair but I was out if action for 2 weeks. The 3rd one I just took apart, applied a liberal amount of clear silicon around the edge, torqued the face plate back on evenly and never had another problem.

The $25 CREE led six inch light bars I got on Amazon for reverse lights are damn near as bright and never had a hint of moisture in the 7 months they've been on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I guess that says little kids in sweatshops do a better job than trained and educated Americans in a state of the art facility? :jawdrop:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I have an m&r light bar that fell off here at TRR and got ran over by my truck. Somebody found it and brought it to me. Still works!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly this discussion will never come to a consensus. Let's just say if you buy American you support the country you live in. If not .......... Well you have to look into the mirror each day.

So you're telling me everything you own is made in America? C'mon man....

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow guess I should save money to donate to Rigid and Baja. All they do is try to make the best product and don't try to make a ton of money on it at all. Not sure why they are not a non profit company. I guess the market should drive the consumer and not the other way around. I hate choosing what I should have to buy anyways.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk