Am I crazy for Considering a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

frunko1

Reaction score
Raptor the mpg might be closer to 11 unless you can control your right foot.

I do mostly highway/ roads you get up 55 or 65 and set cruise, many areas are flat too. Even down that low the numbers still work in favor of the raptor.

I was surprised how terrible the resale on the lariats was.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep you will passably get 15 or more just didn't want you to be surprised if it's not. I've been able to get it down to 9, but as much as 19 so just depends on how you drive the 19 was a 70 miles driving 55. but I cant normally drive like that. that's running e-30 you can get a better feel on the one and only gas mileage thread.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/o...read-please-198/?highlight=gas+mileage+thread

OP
OP
F

frunko1

Reaction score
I think I have the wife convinced, now I just need to figure out which one in my area I want.

I added some more vehicles to my spreadsheet if anyone was curious. The jeep is on there for a family member.
dpiGohv.png

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot:

Newton's Law of universal Gravitation:
Fg = Gm1m2
r2
where
m1, m2 are the masses of two bodies
G is the universal gravitational constant which has a value of 6.67300 × 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2
r is distance between the two bodies
Formula for escape velocity (vesc) = (2GM / R)1/2where,
M is mass of central gravitating body
R is radius of the central body

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I think I have the wife convinced, now I just need to figure out which one in my area I want.

I added some more vehicles to my spreadsheet if anyone was curious. The jeep is on there for a family member.
dpiGohv.png

Have you thought of ordering a truck? If you check out the dealers selling at invoice thread you may still be able to get close to the scab Mt number you have there on a SCrew... Depending on options of course. As far as convincing the lady, I'd say to take her to a dealer for a test drive. Especially if its got the heated/cooled seats. She'll love riding in it...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive 20k+ a year and mainly highway miles. I have driven regular F150s and have a Mustang GT that mostly sits in the garage. I prefer the ride of the Raptor over anything I have driven in the past or present. I prefer the Raptor on long road trips vs the Mustang, which means I'm choosing 15mpg over 24mpg on 500+ mile road trips.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot:

Newton's Law of universal Gravitation:
Fg = Gm1m2
r2
where
m1, m2 are the masses of two bodies
G is the universal gravitational constant which has a value of 6.67300 × 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2
r is distance between the two bodies
Formula for escape velocity (vesc) = (2GM / R)1/2where,
M is mass of central gravitating body
R is radius of the central body
are you talking about a lead foot fred?