Alpine to release F150 radio Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yeppers, the A/C controls. Couldn't you remove/install as a complete unit?

Here is a Pic of the bezel so far. As you can see, with the size of the alpine head unit being so big, the controls will need to be modified. The oem radio controls don't work with the new radio, but I would like to retain the use of the AC controls on the dash as well as the ones on the radio. I hope this picture helps explain.

Attachments

• IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 141

wishbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does that pic doesn't show it because we were testing the head unit out of the truck.

Doesn't have any off road nav capabilities.

Doing some research it looks like maestro does not work with the newer 801a my ford touch systems? That's a bummer.

Also, if it runs garmin (per your photo) you should be able to run custom maps. I use to run custom maps on my kenwood for topo. Not sure if that's what you guys mean by "off road nav capabilities".

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a Pic of the bezel so far. As you can see, with the size of the alpine head unit being so big, the controls will need to be modified. The oem radio controls don't work with the new radio, but I would like to retain the use of the AC controls on the dash as well as the ones on the radio. I hope this picture helps explain.

Oh, now I see what I've been missing. Thanks for the detailed info and pics!; I reread your posts and now see that you are using the "U" kit and not the FD1 kit, hence the A/C controls modifications. According to Alpine the FD-2 kit will be out this fall.

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5eja2asu.jpg

Saw this just the other day. It will work for the guys with the 4.3 inch screen non sony stereos. Forgot the name of the company but it will work with all aftermarket standard size touch screen head units. Supposed to be out mid fall. I'll definitely be going this route.

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, great to finally have options. It's the Advent kit according to the F150 forum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been a while sense I posted, but here is a quick update on my Alpine 9" install. Got everything back from hydro and got some of it installed today. I need to send the small narrow piece between the radio bezel and the console piece back to get re-done (looks like the film got ripped when they dipped it), and also the small black piece that holds the USB/Aux input is out still. I am moving the aux to a different spot and putting my bass control knob in its place. So far I am impressed. Need to do a little tweakin here and there. I also had the door pieces that are beside the door handles hydrodipped to match. I didn't care for the original design on those pieces much.

IMG_1159.jpg