Alpine Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have put this on the back burner for now, I am working on my Lighting and Suspension, HAM Radio and when that is done, I will do the Alpine NAV and make the whole system Alpine

Last edited:
OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the orange interior, any ideas how to take one of this kits and make it match. Anyone ever use hydro-dipping

If i were you I would take the piece to an auto Body shop and have them color match it to your original piece, that is what I will be doing when I get around to it

Ronky

Reaction score
Just ordered the new Alpine nav unit for my 2012 Rap (no OEM nav). I'm just about to place an order for the Alpine-branded fit kit (KTX-FPU8). The literature states it comes with all that's needed to simply plug-n-play for the F-150. The only thing I'm wondering is whether I'll have to run the Alpine nav satellite receiver and mount it on the roof.

Are non-OEM nav Raps "wired" up for nav and the control unit simply isn't installed? That black piece on the roof, does it get a nav signal or is that Sirius only?

I'm just hoping the Ford-specific Alpine wiring harness that comes with the fit kit will be the only cable work I'll have to do.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

So we're all on the same page, this is the Alpine fit kit I'm referring to:

KTX-FPU8 - Alpine Perfect Fit 8-Inch Car Audio Dash Kit at Abt

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need to run the satellite antenna, and microphone cable. you will also need to use a TR7 and wire it up to bypass the brake/e brake sequence that locks you out of the nav at 10 mph. that way you can use nav anytime without having to pull over and set the parking brake

Ronky

Reaction score
you will need to run the satellite antenna, and microphone cable. you will also need to use a TR7 and wire it up to bypass the brake/e brake sequence that locks you out of the nav at 10 mph. that way you can use nav anytime without having to pull over and set the parking brake

Thanks for the response. Funny thing is, I'm stopped right at that stage. I got the whole unit wired and installed (including the Ford-specific fit kit). However, I've got those two leads (brake and e-brake) sitting under the floor mat. The instructions weren't really great so I got lost at "hook these to the brake switches" stage.

From what I'm reading however, should I not proceed with that step? The nav appears to be operating as-is. However I'm having a bit of trouble accessing some of the main menus (options, user registration, etc). Not sure if that's at all related to not yet hooking up the two leads.

And God, how I had hoped the fit kit would provide Sirius functionality! But it looks like there's a dedicated Sirius input at the rear of the receiver. The next "hope" is that the OEM Ford sat receiver will plug in direct. As I'm learning from this adventure however, not likely.

The only other bugger is the mic. After all that dash work and wiring from yesterday, I'm really not feeling like running the mic up to the visor. I may get lazy and leave it on the rubber mat by the center speaker (I ran the wire down that way). That was a snap.

I have to get some photos uploaded for you guys.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what you need

Amazon.com: PAC TR7 Universal. Trigger Module: Car Electronics

TR7 wires-----------radio wires

red wire - goes to accessory power
black wire - goes to ground
green wire - goes to the blue/white from the alpine radio
blue wire - goes to yellow/black
white wire - goes to yellow/blue

the others are not used. the TR7 is preprogrammed for the alpine bypass. and yes, you will not be able to access those features of the radio until this is installed, or you connect the wires to you e/brake and foot brake

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

if it is just a sirius antenna it might work, as long as the alpine has a built in sirius tuner. if not, then you will need the alpine specific sat radio tuner pack.

the mic should only take 5 min at most