Alpine Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Not all units are the same lol. He says he's played around with one and Liked it, I say it's a good buy.

I've got a pioneer 7" unit going in my ranger. I played with it in the store, as well as a few others. 2 different pioneer units hgave me 2 opinions!

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said. I really want to see it installed with one of the brackets above. Please try to keep a detailed log on it. If yours goes well I am very interested in going the same route!

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to go with this one
2012 Multi-Route Preview - DNX9990HD-DNX7190HD.wmv - YouTube as it uses Garmin GPS software and I am extremely familiar with it after owning 10 different models of their units. Anyway $500.00 cheaper and 1 inch less however it integrates FULLY with Ford's Sync when an adapter made for it is purchased which I will be getting, every function of the Sync which I love will be integrated into this Kenwood unit and instead of paying anyone else to install it I will do it myself.

The Biggest selling point for me besides the Navigation is the HD radio reception. My wife's 2012 Expedition has it built in with the Nav unit from Ford and it ****** me off every time I see how much better the reception is on her's this will solve that problem for me

Not a fan of the Kenwood, seemed to take a long time to calculate. Would prefer the Alpine over this. Like others have said, play with the different units.

My 2 cents: Alpine had easy interface but not as feature rich, Pioneer is a bear to navigate through, but very quick and responsive nav and changing sources. I have not been able to get Sync to play nice with the Pioneer unit, but not sure I am giving much up without it except I miss the center clock.. I had a custom bezel cut to accommodate the Pioneer Nav.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 175
OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude,

That looks Badass!

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Not a fan of the Kenwood, seemed to take a long time to calculate. Would prefer the Alpine over this. Like others have said, play with the different units.

My 2 cents: Alpine had easy interface but not as feature rich, Pioneer is a bear to navigate through, but very quick and responsive nav and changing sources. I have not been able to get Sync to play nice with the Pioneer unit, but not sure I am giving much up without it except I miss the center clock.. I had a custom bezel cut to accommodate the Pioneer Nav.

i agree, i will stick with the Alpine, i want the best stereo out there but the unit i will get now is Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

instead of the 8 inch one coming out

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where did you get the plastic console piece?

04sl55

Reaction score
Alpine is coming out with a perfect fit dash kit for f-150, it will fit the new 8" INE-Z928, It will make the climate control digital like on the oem nav.