Allsync vs LockPick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
a FLIR camera would be cool and everything, until you get into dust off-road, or even thick fog. At that point you're not seeing much of anything.

Like JP said too. Unless you figure out a genius way to mount it, you're going to be heads down in that display instead of actually looking at the road/trail/whatever.

At that point I'd just spring for a bumper full of HID lights or led bars and call it good.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, you can see through dust using Flir. Look here:Thermal Cameras for Security & Surveillance You dont need to watch the monitor, just have it on and the images you can pick up VERY well on the nav screen. Plus the range is well beyond visible light. The deer you can spot pretty well with regular light- its those damn pigs, some are just too dark colored. We also have another problem where I build roads. We have "visitors" from other countries that like to cross our ranches down here. At night, it is VERY unnerving to have a group of people 5 ft from where you decide to get out and take a ****. 99 out of a 100 dont want a problem, but its the reason I carry a range of weapons within 20 miles of the border. No cell service, and no emergency services even if I call with the satelite phone in under 30 minutes...so you are on your own if there is a problem. The Zetas havent done too much on our side of the border yet, but you dont want to be the first to have an issue, and I dont want my Raptor jacked and used as a drug mule. I dont like surprises as you can see.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dubbs, did they ever fix that rear camera not being available message? I know they put up updates for it so you can load them up yourself.

Also, for clarification, you cannot enter destinations while in Park after installing the Lockpick right?

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to the site and see no updates...maybe I am missing something there...I will call them Monday when they open again. The rear camera message still happens randomly, but maybe once or twice a month, for like 2 seconds, and then its back to normal. I dont really see it as a problem, just a funny glitch. I get many more problems out of my regular functions in the truck, such as sync- my new iphone 4s drops connection from the BT constantly.

Also, there is no loss of function while in park. You can do anything directly from the nav unit in park. even enter an address.

If there is ever a reason to go to the dealer, you can have the lockpick return the nav to factory programming, and none of the functions work with a simple press of a button, takes like 1 minute. Then have it reload when you get back in. The dealer would never have any idea.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Dubbs! Do you think the LockPick has been worth it so far? I'm still on the fence about it

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually, you can see through dust using Flir. Look here:Thermal Cameras for Security & Surveillance You dont need to watch the monitor, just have it on and the images you can pick up VERY well on the nav screen. Plus the range is well beyond visible light. The deer you can spot pretty well with regular light- its those damn pigs, some are just too dark colored. We also have another problem where I build roads. We have "visitors" from other countries that like to cross our ranches down here. At night, it is VERY unnerving to have a group of people 5 ft from where you decide to get out and take a ****. 99 out of a 100 dont want a problem, but its the reason I carry a range of weapons within 20 miles of the border. No cell service, and no emergency services even if I call with the satelite phone in under 30 minutes...so you are on your own if there is a problem. The Zetas havent done too much on our side of the border yet, but you dont want to be the first to have an issue, and I dont want my Raptor jacked and used as a drug mule. I dont like surprises as you can see.

It's good to be armed when seconds count and the police are minuets away!
I read that you cannot add a front camera with the LockPic if you have the factory rear camera. Is this correct?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You are correct! Night Vision still uses light while thermal uses heat. Thats why the good stuff you can see people through walls, smoke, etc. but night vision or offroad lights still use light to see. Its the cost of thermal that i dont like.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TheJoker said:
It's good to be armed when seconds count and the police are minuets away!
I read that you cannot add a front camera with the LockPic if you have the factory rear camera. Is this correct?

That's my understanding as well.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct. I bought the stock camera and tailgate assembly, and it made the front camera not function. I called and was told it can only work two cameras if they are both aftermarket. Didn't make sense really, but it means I have a stock camera sitting in the underseat storage bin if anyone ever needs a replacement.