Allsync vs LockPick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Velocity767

Reaction score
Was searching this forum and reading through the Nav-TV forum and couldn't really find the answer to my question.

In short, whats the difference and which one should I get? I know all sync comes with the iPod video and the a/v inputs, but I don't really care for either of those uses, especially for the large price difference. I mostly just want video while driving and rear camera anytime. However, the lock pick 60second window to enter an address i could see being annoying as well; does all sync have this?

For those of you who have either mods what are the pros and cons? Which would you recommend? Having trouble deciding between the two.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was searching this forum and reading through the Nav-TV forum and couldn't really find the answer to my question.

In short, whats the difference and which one should I get? I know all sync comes with the iPod video and the a/v inputs, but I don't really care for either of those uses, especially for the large price difference. I mostly just want video while driving and rear camera anytime. However, the lock pick 60second window to enter an address i could see being annoying as well; does all sync have this?

For those of you who have either mods what are the pros and cons? Which would you recommend? Having trouble deciding between the two.

Ripped my Nav-TV out. ****** to use, poorly designed in the programming and what it can do as well as interfered with normal Navigation operation.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lock-pick did most as advertised. Every now and again I get a weird message about the rear view camera not being available- maybe 2 or 3 times a month for like 5 seconds and then it is back to normal. The rest of it works great, and I have no complaints. The DVD works well in motion, nav works...the 60 second input is never a problem for me, because I scroll the map to the point I want to travel to and hit the set as destination. I have never tried entering an address in motion as that is just not a good idea to begin with. Front camera works great too I might add. Eventually, I will make it a FLIR camera for some real fun.

OP
OP
V

Velocity767

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard a lot of pros and cons about both, I forgot about the nav not working while using dvd in motion though. That would certainly be annoying. Guess ill have to think about it a little more, sounds like the nav-tv unit isn't really worth the extra money though. Thanks for the input guys.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Lock-pick did most as advertised. Every now and again I get a weird message about the rear view camera not being available- maybe 2 or 3 times a month for like 5 seconds and then it is back to normal. The rest of it works great, and I have no complaints. The DVD works well in motion, nav works...the 60 second input is never a problem for me, because I scroll the map to the point I want to travel to and hit the set as destination. I have never tried entering an address in motion as that is just not a good idea to begin with. Front camera works great too I might add. Eventually, I will make it a FLIR camera for some real fun.

What would you need infra-red for on the road? or are deer as big a problem on your roads as they are here?

FRAPCNO

Reaction score
I've got the Lockpick in my Lariat and it's been great! Everything functions as advertised. Nav works flawlessly while a movie is being played, you just can't see the map. I love it.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Texas..always. Plus Warren builds highways in Texas.

Yeah, I remember in Montgomery the deer were pretty docile at crossing the road after dark.

Still, and IR cam would involve paying close attention to the screen instead of the road. Plus they range from 8k - 140k depending on what model you want. I've used them for 12 years now on roofs and building envelopes to check for moisture or air leakage.

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has FLIR unit for sale. He took it off 38' searay the owner wanted the next larger upgrade 25,000.00. The unit he has for sale list for around $12,000.00 and is for sale at $10,000.00 used 5 nights.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They make flir cameras for vehicles for a couple of grand, the boat versions are totally different beasts.