All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, after thinking about this, I’m glad that the Raptor R isn’t coming out until next year. I’ll have my current truck paid off by then, which means I can keep my awesome GEN 1 and have the most badass GEN 3! It was really messing with my head thinking that I’d have to give up my truck…

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Just noticed that newly designed heat exchanger in the hood which doesn't look to appealing to me.

Going to be sticking with my 2019.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what any of us think, I bet Ford sells these as fast as they can build them for two years.

You are 100% correct. Look at the frenzy on them even now. Selling like crazy.
Ford knows what they are doing. They are becoming a huge presence in off-road community. Look at KOH.

Those who wait patiently will be rewarded nicely.

Sam

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling Ford will go all out with the Raptor R. I hope it tops the TRX in every way. The TRX will be fun, but I’ll be glad to go back to the Raptor if Ford comes through with the R. Great times to be a truck enthusiast.

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the V8 won't actually release until 2022, but does anyone have a guess when we will get more info on it? I'd like like to have some info to see if I should pull the trigger on the Gen 3 V6.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Hear me out: V8 powerboost! Why can’t we have 700hp and decent gas mileage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on my own observations, I do not believe there will be a Raptor with the PowerBoost option. And for good reason.

On a standard F-150, the weight difference between the 3.5 EcoBoost and PowerBoost is 600lbs. The Raptor is already heavier than a normal F-150 due to the unique frame, suspension, underbody protection, and tires. That 600lbs of extra weight would be detrimental to the Raptor's off road suspension, and would also result in a decrease in both payload and towing capacity. It would weigh as much or more than a TRX with a negligible increase in power. The PowerBoost option also limits the truck to a 30.5 gallon fuel capacity, since the battery and tank occupy the same space under the truck. The 36 gallon tank has been an exemplary Raptor feature, allowing the truck to go 600+ miles between fill ups and reducing range anxiety when off road in remote locations. PowerBoost definitely has it's benefits, but I don't see the case for a vehicle like the Raptor.

Well, dang.