All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Not that anyone really cares but my thoughts for history's sake...
  • Improvements are incremental. The Gen 1 to Gen 2 was an extreme difference, not so here.
  • Rear coil springs seems the biggest difference to me overall.
  • Not enough to push happy gen 2 owners over (for the most part)
  • Body of gen 3 looks meh, like there are no bulging fenders but maybe just the angles.
  • Gen 2 looks more aggressive.
  • 37" option is cool
  • Very disappointed in now powerboost personally.
  • The 'reveal', if you can call it that was a lame cuckold
  • Seems obvious to me Ford was not paying attention that the TRX was coming - if they were they'd have had the Raptor R ready to showoff TODAY to kick Dodge in the teeth
  • Overall nice improvements (interior is swanky) but not enough to make Gen 2 guys rush to trade in (maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Surprised you didn’t rip the new X-pipe design ;)

everetto

Reaction score
Like the 37 option on paper, bet it won't come with deeper gearing. If it doesn't I would stick with 35s for longer suspension travel (1 inch longer per Ford with the 35s).

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen2 3.5L HO was not available on the Limited until 2019-2020. it was never available in 2015-2017.

Ok moving on.....Any guesses on the 3.5 H.O’s power figures?

I find it interesting it’s not offered to the new F-150 Limited. Seems they want this motor exclusive to the Raptor. Hmmmm

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
different frame for the 37s? It was mentioned that 37s will have different shocks. Where did you get frame from?

I just watched the TFL video, when a 'new frame' was mentioned I believe he was referring to the receiver hitch frame, not the truck frame (he was specifically talking about the hitch at the time). It appears that the receiver hitch now is a curved tube frame design to provide clearance for the 37" tire.

Last edited:

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if it's available in ~September, no need to run down today and order one. I was sitting on "go" but will stand down for now........

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you know you want one then call your dealer and get on the wait list. I did and I am #4.

:)

So if it's available in ~September, no need to run down today and order one. I was sitting on "go" but will stand down for now........

Jraptor78

Reaction score
I'm guessing HP numbers for the new Raptor and the R version are being withheld as why let the cat out early so the TRX can adjust before you release.. If you tell everyone right now that the R will have a 750hp V8 you don't think that Ram won't remap that massive power plant to exceed the Raptor R before it hits the show room floors because I bet that 6.2L Supercharged truck has room to grow from 702...