All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are some more leaked photos that have been out for a couple of days. The body looks very similar to the Gen 2, but with some new modern touches to it here and there. You can clearly see the new rear suspension:

View attachment 160993

View attachment 160994

View attachment 160995

View attachment 160996

View attachment 160997
I'm a little disappointed in how much it resembles the Gen 2 based on these photos. I love my Gen 2 but I was hoping for something different and edgier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 17706

I'm a little disappointed in how much it resembles the Gen 2 based on these photos. I love my Gen 2 but I was hoping for something different and edgier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree. But after all, it was a very mild update aesthetically when comparing the newest generation F150 to the last one. That’s why I believe they have to introduce the V8 and the hybrid power train. If the same HO EB is in the truck with no electric power train, then who the heck is going to upgrade their trucks? New leaf springs with traction bars and a GooseTune will suffice for my Gen 2 if that’s the case.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. But after all, it was a very mild update aesthetically when comparing the newest generation F150 to the last one. That’s why I believe they have to introduce the V8 and the hybrid power train. If the same HO EB is in the truck with no electric power train, then who the heck is going to upgrade their trucks? New leaf springs with traction bars and a GooseTune will suffice for my Gen 2 if that’s the case.

Your making some sense! Aside of the new interior as well, it doesn’t seem like a Gen 2 owner would need to rush out and replace there truck. Unless you have a very well used ‘17-‘18 maybe. Even if you get a 500HP 3.5 H.O. You can just tune your Gen 2.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a customer that buys a new Limited from me every year. And this year, he was upset that he didn't get his HO. He just took delivery of his order 2 weeks ago. He's going to be even more mad, if they bring it back for the Raptor and put it back in the Limited half way through the year. lol

So what was in that ‘21 Limited BTW? Just the standard 3.5TT? I imagine he could have ordered the 3.5PB otherwise? Interesting to know why Ford didn’t offer the H.O. This year.

Maybe the Raptor gets a detuned GT 3.5 LOL

Last edited:

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact patch shows tires are at 45+psi transport pressu

So what was in that ‘21 Limited BTW? Just the standard 3.5TT? I imagine he could have ordered the 3.5PB otherwise? Interesting to know why Ford didn’t offer the H.O. This year.

Maybe the Raptor gets a detuned GT 3.5 LOL

Yea, he just went with the standard 3.5. It could be a sign that there won't be a 3.5 HO. I guess we'll find out in 2 days.

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I went to my local Ford dealer in FL today to check out a truck. I asked the Salesman if he knew any news about the gen 3 raptor. He confirmed it will be unveiled Feb 3rd to the public and he did not know if it would have the 3.5 or a v8. He said Ford has not leaked anything not even to them. He said he’s heard of a possible special edition limited production raptor of only a handful being made that may have the 6.2L or 7.3L. This on top of the “regular” standard gen 3s of course. He said the gen 3 will be released as a 2022 model.

I also asked him about the new Bronco and he said there would be a two and four door option. He said production has slowed to almost a halt due to part manufacturing being affected by COVID. He said they already have 100 four door models preordered at that dealer and they are going for $50k+.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I think we all knew the exterior changes would be minimal. I think we also have a good idea about the interior. Where I really want to see is the drivetrain numbers. What’s Ford going to give us on Feb 3rd?