Alignment off after Cam phaser fix, anyone else have this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thepro8

Reaction score
I just got my cam phasers fixed on my 2008 with 22k miles. Said it went smooth. upon driving it home I notices my steering was off a few degrees. (shown below).

I called the dealership that did the work and let them know. The mechanic said he takes the wheels off the truck and lowers it to get better access to the engine. The dealer didn't think this would have caused it. They agreed to do an alignment today, but couldn't think of what they did that would have caused this.

The pic below roughly shows how far it is off.

Anyone else have this issue? Does it make sense that what they did could throw off alignment? could it be anything else going wrong?

IMG_4844.jpeg

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering wheel on the new 2020 is off to the right a C hair from the factory, or the stripe isn’t perfectly centered on the steering wheel. No reason taking off the wheels to lower the truck more would cause an alignment issue. I much prefer that method to the techs who just pull the valve core out of the tires and let the entire weight of the front end smash them flat while folding the side walls like origami.

OP
OP
T

thepro8

Reaction score
Dealership wouldn’t do the alignment because of my svc adjustable collars. I took it back to the company that installed it, they did the did an alignment for $150 and it works great now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk