Alarm too sensitive!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn the sensitivity down on the alarm or even turn it off? Everytime anyone even sneezes near my truck it sets the alarm off.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn the sensitivity down on the alarm or even turn it off? Everytime anyone even sneezes near my truck it sets the alarm off.

If you're talking about the shock sensor add-in, there is a sensitivity dial you can turn on the module (under the dash by your feet)...but that isn't included on the truck standard.

The standard internal alarm is a proximity/motion sensor. For that, any movement will set it off inside the cab when armed.

OP
OP
S

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, weird ill check under the dash. I didnt add anything extra. It has the 802a package thats it. I work at a different car brand dealer and whenever someone drives by with a slightly loud exhaust it triggers the alarm. Kind of annoying. Thanks for the reply, bud!

RedRaptor2018

Reaction score
What year is your Gen2? Did they include the shock sensor in the new MY?

They didn’t include it in my 2018.... I had to add it (well, first I had to convince the dealer such an option actually existed... then they ordered and installed it).

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Well then you can definitely adjust the sensitivity. If you know where they installed the module (should be somewhere above the brake pedal), you’ll find a small black knob. I have mine set to about mid range. Make an adjustment, then test it by setting he alarm and giving the driver side window a sharp rap. You can adjust it to suit your needs.