Alarm going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderlips

Reaction score
Last night about midnight my trucks alarm started going off and I could not get it to turn off. Finally got the horn to stop but the lights just kept going. I checked the app it said it was the hood. I have security cameras so nothing ever touched or went near the truck. I also had my truck flash the screen that my hood was ajar well driving which it was not. Im assuming its a bad hood sensor has anyone replaced one of these?

_Satch_

Reaction score
My alarm went off while I was mowing the lawn. It was tough getting it to turn off. The app never gave a reason or even acknowledged the alarm was triggered. It happened again about 10 minutes later. Hasn't done it again! I just chalked it up to "Ghosts in the Machine".
-Satch

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a switch in the latch. It has (2) wires. 1 to ground and 1 to the bcm. If the ground is loose it could cause for a false open. Its a black and grey wire that runs to the right headlight area. May want to look around there for any grounds and inspect.

Tim V

Reaction score
I have this exact same issue. Ended up unplugging the sensor/switch at the latch about two weeks ago, figured I’d let the dealer work it out. Haven’t had time to take it in yet. Now it just gives me the warning on the dash that hood is ajar at start up, which it is not. I hit ok on the steering wheel and it goes away. I’d be more motivated to take it in if I was driving more these days, nowhere really to go too often anymore. Get overly excited to go to Home Depot for something just to get out of the house :Big Laugh:

NayR

Reaction score
Ghost alarms. I’ve had a moth inside the cabin that has set off the alarm. Couldn’t figure out what it was initially then ended up finding out.

usurper

Reaction score
I've gotten hood alarms about 10 times. So bad that I don't lock the truck at night as it's a really loud alarm and I have small kids. Will plan for it at the next dealer visit. I think the hood latch and alarm trigger are one unit, so will push for it to be replaced. I'll check the ground wire.

Attackpilot

Reaction score
I actually had this happen with mine. Ford can check it real quick and let you know which sensor is messed up. Mine ended up being one of the sensorsabove the rear view mirror

sedav1

Reaction score
Same here. went off in the middle of the night a few times. Bought and installed nest cam thinking it was someone messing with it. It was the hood latch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter