Airborne Raptors! JUMP Pics and Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's such a no-brainer it just almost goes without saying... except when someone says the word stock and Raptor Run together lol

Flying_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The word on that is to not let your right foot over-ride your sensibilities out there.

Just say NO! to the multitude of stockRaptor-killing "kickers", even if there is an eager cameraman lurking there. A reasonable speed is best over these, as they are G-out mounds that cause the front and rear to work against each other - severely stressing the Raptor frame (G-outs detailed extensively in an early post on this thread).

Here's a perfect example - note how the rear wheels "kick" up in pic 3 driving the front end into the ground. This is then followed up by the rear landing heavily (highly modified Raps can get away with much more):

3yza3y8u.jpg

e6y6u3a4.jpg

u6utynyq.jpg

ryqyjuze.jpg

zu2apaha.jpg

However, there are 2 beautiful plateau jump hills with long straightaways before and after each. These start at mile marker 7 and are very Raptor-friendly as all 4 wheels land together like they should for a very easy landing. These require a fair amount of speed to even get the wheels off the ground because have such a gentle tabletop landing.

These hills are the right locations to get a few good pics without damaging your truck. Event organizers do not condone jumping for their liability purposes, yet it happens. A lot. PM me for details on how to do this without getting into trouble.

It is always a good idea to at least get the $100 SDHQ frame reinforcement kit for this rugged hill country course. Inexpensive peace of mind. Easy to install.

Just keep the throttle pegged when u come off those donkey kicks it'll set the ass end down. If your nose diving floor it if your ass end is dropping tap the brakes. Works a lil better on dirt bikes but I've found it doable with these big ass trucks...too an extent lol.

And i couldn't agree any more about the 100 frame inserts. That's all I had in this pic....and top perch.
tevu3e6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can i play with the raptor guys :D

here is my f150 with raptor rear suspension, and f150 2.5's with reservoirs and RPG UCA's

even though it looks bad, No damage as far as I can tell even with a 40 mile drive home

IMG_4220_zpsf879ad96.jpg

IMG_4221_zps793ce350.jpg