Airbag dash light On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New unit arrived yesterday- i pulled the board out and will do the swap today. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just curious what version of the FCIM you guys are buying off eBay to replace it. I saw a thread on another forum where they referenced

JL3T-18E243-UCG

As the part for the 2018 Raptor. Several eBay auctions show it as

JL3T-18E245-UCE

Not sure what is different about these as Ford makes many, assume the Raptors, Platinums and other “loaded” truck versions have mostly the same features.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just curious what version of the FCIM you guys are buying off eBay to replace it. I saw a thread on another forum where they referenced

JL3T-18E243-UCG

As the part for the 2018 Raptor. Several eBay auctions show it as

JL3T-18E245-UCE

Not sure what is different about these as Ford makes many, assume the Raptors, Platinums and other “loaded” truck versions have mostly the same features.
Yeah I noticed that too - I got the one for 2019-2020 even though mine is a 2018 figuring (hoping) it is the same shit.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let’s hope. I fixed the solder joints on my original but haven’t reinstalled it. If that doesn’t work I too will order used off eBay

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too - I got the one for 2019-2020 even though mine is a 2018 figuring (hoping) it is the same shit.
FYI - I verified my original 2018 OEM part number is

JL3T-18E245-UCE

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I'll be a sumbitch! Swapped the board and NO AIRBAG LIGHT! Wohoooooo! This has been plaguing me for years. That one stupid resistor or LED or whateverthefuck it is sure causes a headache!

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be a sumbitch! Swapped the board and NO AIRBAG LIGHT! Wohoooooo! This has been plaguing me for years. That one stupid resistor or LED or whateverthefuck it is sure causes a headache!
Good news - glad to hear it. I am trying to source a new board off eBay today.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you swapped the FCIM, did you have to do anything in ForScan to flash the firmware settings? Did you have to clear any old DTCs?