Air Intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to my original question, anyone use thermal wrap on the intake tubes and notice a difference in temp or performance?

performance, maybe 1 or 2 rwhp...but your intake temps would be less effected by the engine heat for sure. Thermal wrap sucks & comes off over time...do ceramic coating if you're looking for proper heat rejection. If you have a raptor, I'm sure you can afford a $50 mod like ceramic coating.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Come on, man..
"Eric,

Yes , we cannot coat plastic.

Thanks
"

The AFE intake tube isn't plastic....I could of told you they can't coat plastic lol.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the aFe dose it come coated? if you order it that way mine is black I thought it was supposed be blue. still works any how.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CAIs are snake oil.

Yes, I have one. But, I bought it used in a package with a 5 star tuner. Never would've dropped $4-500 on a new one. I really just wanted the tuner, but he was selling them together, so I might as well put it on. Guess what... no noticeable difference.

Don't waste your money. Get a K&N drop in if anything.

whataboutbob

Reaction score
lol, yes i am the one with a hard on that blocks my ability for rational and logical thought.

{Funny time, so dont get your ass all chapped about the below, i just needed a way to work the video into a comment on the forum}
If i didnt have any faith in human kind i would swear up and down you had your **** replaced with an Al tube with an injen logo on it. You know, so all the ******* could hear the sweet quack when they start sucking... (see the below video for the meme reference)

NOT WORK SAFE (NO REALLY IT ISNT DONT DO IT!)
G.O.A.T. AND YOUR M.O.M. Quack like a duck - YouTube

Like i said before, im super duper happy that you are so super duper happy about injen. To each their own.

there are just some things in life you cant UNsee, my eyes are bleeding now.

CAIs are snake oil.

Yes, I have one. But, I bought it used in a package with a 5 star tuner. Never would've dropped $4-500 on a new one. I really just wanted the tuner, but he was selling them together, so I might as well put it on. Guess what... no noticeable difference.

Don't waste your money. Get a K&N drop in if anything.

I would have to disagree you sir. I'm back on stock again after using a aFe CAI for 2 years and there is a noticable difference. CAI is way better than stock.

Im back on stock after a filter issue with powercore. Sucked in a lot of water becasue I didnt have a lid or pre filter with the powercore. I did run with aFe filter for years with a pre filter.

Never really thought about the heat wrap before until I seen this thread. May give it a try when I put the CAI back on.