Aftermarket KINGS 3.0 vs Fox 3.0 front coil overs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScorchedEarth

Reaction score
Been comparing these two setups for awhile now, heres what facts i have collected. please feel free to correct me if im not explaining it properly. Shock lingo is hard to understand.
1.) Kings adjusters combine low and high speed while fox has independent adjusters for both low and high speed.
2.) Fox internal bypass system works completely different from king in that fox has multiple zones of dampening controlled by holes in the sleeve(9 stages in oem shock), where a kings design only uses a lower zone and upper zone. (i would assume this means the fox shock is more progressive?)
3.) Fox cooling system uses a check valve so it truly circulates all of the fluid
4.) Foxs piston sits inside an internal sleeve that contains the bleed holes, hence the slightly smaller diameter than king piston.

the only other factor that is unknown is the amount of tuning that went into these shocks, id think fox has the upper hand on this one...

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the wrong pricing info apparently. I saw kings for $4500/4 somewhere last week at some point.

I too thought I saw this same pricing posted recently. But as others linked, they too look to be $6k+

Icon looks to be close to reveal their offering too

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey

I’ve been a jeep Guy forever and use king remote resovoirs then king coil overs. I can tell you this, when I rebuilt the king remotes they sent me a fox rebuilt kit and said it was the same. (King did)

So take that for what it’s worth. I ahve a buddy with Fox coil overs and he loves it. I can’t tell the diffference between mine and his when driving except my wallet is lighter!

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SAW is going to be the cheapest, some people might have a few things to say about their quality and reputation. As far as I know, icon has not released stock replacement shocks. Fox supposedly requires more adjustments and tuning out of the box and their internal bypass system results in it having a smaller piston. Fox shocks have the circulating oil coolers but that is overkill on this application. Kings work better out of the box and they might be cheaper. Whatever floats your boat.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SAW is going to be the cheapest, some people might have a few things to say about their quality and reputation. As far as I know, icon has not released stock replacement shocks. Fox supposedly requires more adjustments and tuning out of the box and their internal bypass system results in it having a smaller piston. Fox shocks have the circulating oil coolers but that is overkill on this application. Kings work better out of the box and they might be cheaper. Whatever floats your boat.

One thing I'd like to add here is that the Fox shocks come out of the box pretty much middle of the road.

The low speed compression is set at 6 clicks out of 9 clicks and the high speed compression is set at 6 click out of 12 clicks. Additionally, preload is set so that your truck is level when you bolt them on, but there is variability in ride height from truck to truck (approximately 1/2") so you may need to adjust the preload with a spanner wrench to dial it in perfectly.