Aftermarket audio system, issue with speakers hissing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnlocal3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently had a hertz aftermarket audio system installed in my 2018 Raptor. See the photo listed for the exact parts list.

I’m having a really obnoxious hissing sound coming from the speakers, mainly the rear ones. It’s not as obvious when the music is turned up loud but I feel like it’s still there.

When I play music through my phone via Bluetooth or sync and pause the song there’s a very loud hissing. It almost sounds like air blowing out of the speaker.

I made a short video of it with my phone, I’ll post the link. The recording on the phone makes it sound a little louder than it actually is in person but you’ll get the idea.

let me know if there’s any issues with the link to the video.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aso4mz7YpyaiihPdMf61HlBhSqe2

03E07073-6539-4EA6-A21A-DBA5842FA905.png

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back to whoever did the install. It's their problem to figure it out.

This isn't something you can diagnose over the internet.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it back to whoever did the install. It's their problem to figure it out.

This isn't something you can diagnose over the internet.

Truth. That is one of the benefits of paying a shop to do the work. They have to warranty their work and hardware.

But at a glance based on your parts list.

I would bet the gains on the amp are set way to high. Or the tos-link between Zen A2B and the DSP.

Cole12582

Reaction score
"if engine noise is introduced through system with the ZEN, match the interface ground wire to the aftermarket amplifier's ground"

this is noted in the NAV TV instructions

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gain is set too high. Rears are for fill and should never be heard from the front seat.