Affordable CREE LED Light Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's funny when you have an idea in your head and then someone does exactly what you have planned... and then posts pictures of it. Sitdown, I had a feeling that's where your mount was going before I saw the last three photos. Can you notice the grill shimmy through the light output when it's on? If you have any output shots versus the headlights, I'd really appreciate seeing them.

Ironman - Where did you mount the 40"?

HIGH%20ANGLE%20DRIVER%20SIDE.jpg

It appears these mount the same way a real Vision-X bar would, so I assume the SDHQ lower 40" mounting bracket would work for a 40" model?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
It's funny when you have an idea in your head and then someone does exactly what you have planned... and then posts pictures of it. Sitdown, I had a feeling that's where your mount was going before I saw the last three photos. Can you notice the grill shimmy through the light output when it's on? If you have any output shots versus the headlights, I'd really appreciate seeing them.

Ironman - Where did you mount the 40"?

HIGH%20ANGLE%20DRIVER%20SIDE.jpg

It appears these mount the same way a real Vision-X bar would, so I assume the SDHQ lower 40" mounting bracket would work for a 40" model?

This is where I mounted mine. My mounting bar I built is rusted to shit cause I didn't paint it.
Summer time project.

20140115_162912_zps3418e1e4.jpg

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mounting is identical to the vX bars. Only difference is instead of a solid shaft to hold the mount bolts, there are smaller inserts to replace that. It serves the same function, just cant tighten down for the sides for adjustments, have to dial it in and crank down on the mount nut. fwiw, on my real xmitters, the side tightener isn't much help as once you tighten down the bottom mount you can move it anyway...

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On paper, comparing 30"ers, the E series is short ~4400lu. The 8degree beam is what sold me, plus it matches (housing and led color) the other vX lights I have. When the polar vortex slows down here, ill borrow a rigid and toss it behind my grill to compare.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, polar vortex. Been hearing that term lately here too... not sure I'm on board with the name, but damn has it been cold lately!!!

Thanks for the info on the mount and I'd also be interested to see it compared to the RI light. How does the 30" compare to your 20" Xmitter in your lower grille and how much light do you think the grille mesh eats up? What light did you have in your upper grille before this one and how did it compare to that one?

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's unfair to compare anything to the 5w xmitter extreme bars. IMO that 21" puts out more/better light than most 40" bars. Behind the grill gives up a ton, I've read 30%, but i'd say closer to half. I like the clean look, but don't think i'd stick a $1500 bar back there.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's unfair to compare anything to the 5w xmitter extreme bars. IMO that 21" puts out more/better light than most 40" bars. Behind the grill gives up a ton, I've read 30%, but i'd say closer to half. I like the clean look, but don't think i'd stick a $1500 bar back there.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, 30% would be nice, but I've also heard 40-50% is more realistic. I'd love to stick a 44" OnX Pro in the high speed spot pattern back there, but I have a hard time spending $1800, knowing that I'll only get about $1000 worth of output through the grille. I also like the clean look of the behind the grille light too. I was going to start with a 21" Xmitter in the bumper, but might end up getting an aftermarket bumper sooner than later and I'm not sure what size light bar I'll end up needing/wanting on it.

Three more questions:
1) How does the color temperature of the 30" Vision-X knock off compare to the real 21" Vision-X?
2) What beam pattern is your 21" Xmitter? 10º, 40º, 10/40º combo, or something else? I was thinking the 40" behind the grille in 8º would go well with a 21" in the bumper in 10/40º combo.
3) What was your reasoning for getting the 30" in the top of the grille versus a 40" in the bottom?

Ironman - You don't mind all this chit-chat cluttering up your thread, do you?

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I don't mind at all.
That's what the thread is here for, to compare and get ideas.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
color temp is great, ~same bright white as my vX, which is one reason I wanted to change out the other lights yellow hue.

I'm running most all my front lights in spot beam...reasoning, my vX bar throws a nice tight beam far, and w/ any light there is a lighter spray of light that spreads wider. That overspray was actually near as bright as my previous bars standard 30* beam lol. Flipping the prev bar's 30* one on was barely noticeable, so figured it was a waste to have it. I do run projector HIDs, so their wide beam also detracted from the need for the wide pattern and could have also masked the prev bar's spread.

I got the 30" as a trade-in, due to problems with a previous product. It was in similar price range so that's why that size was chosen. I bought the new 30" as a test, and if it was a flop figured id just amber it and leave it in same spot. Well the test was good, wish i did the 40" now, much easier mounting, and could have used it for future roof mount in the works. Will be ordering a larger one of these when more of my mount develops.